Chapter 37

It's been a week the shooting for St.Louis students had been started. Everyone attended according to their respective time table. Taani and Wahi learnt the large scripts enacting the performances. Till now, the script went smooth and they didn't find any disturbance in the story. Also, there were several other supporting characters chosen by Gurmeet for their act. It was a short movie and Gurmeet hadn't revealed the whole story of the script. As the days passed, he gave them only the scenes they are supposed to perform with a brief description of emotions they need to carry as it was an intense love story.

Rithwik and Kriya's shooting hadn't started yet as they were yet practicing. Rithwik was almost done with his music while Kriya practiced her dance portions. There were duo steps in the song as well, which Gurmeet informed them about. He also notified them that those steps would be impromptu choreographed and hence to get done with the portions they are assigned with.

D3 gang practiced their group performance. Rey and Sharon's separate schedules weren't yet started hence they programmed together with gang. But the gang looked quite unhappy to be taken orders. Also, they were displeased at the choreography change. Steps weren't given according to the one's forte. Instead, they were pushed out of their comfort zone making them uncomfortable at each stride. Guys and girls were getting impatient. While only Rey, Swayam, Sharon and Surbhi were being flexible enough to accept the challenges. Overall, the experience was something they never expected. Dancing at college according to their terms had been wonderful whereas working under professional company just kicked out their convenience.

******

It was one sunny evening. Rey and Sharon had separate schedule together before the team came to join them.

The shooting set was readied. Rey and Sharon had their costumes on. In which Rey was shirtless and had just white cargo pants on. While Sharon was dressed in short glittering dress. Gurmeet instructed the choreographers in low whispers as he gazed at them.

Choreographers enacted the steps while Sharon and Rey stood dumbfounded. They looked at each other uncomfortablly.

"Yes… come on, guys…" Gurmeet called out Rey and Sharon as they didn't move from their place. It was just a dance. But Rey and Sharon didn't feel it as just.

They posed against each other. Rey's one hand held Sharon's waist and she locked a hand on his neck while both of them stretched their other hand and foot parallel to the ground. As per the next beat, Rey bent slightly and slid his fingers at her lower bare thigh ascending it up high tracing upon her flesh. Their faces collided closer. And both blinked. Sharon couldn't believe she was doing this. Rey is her best friend and she felt utterly wierd to have him so close. More than weird, she was very much uncomfortable with the fact that the performance demanded intimacy of different kind rather than the dance. Rey couldn't help but just remember only Swayam as he danced with Sharon. This wasn't right. He didn't feel the steps virtuous. And he could clearly see the discomfort in Sharon's eyes. Touching her as the dance steps demanded didn't settle well with him. He was too numb to think a solution for this.

"What's wrong?" Gurmeet closed his hands across his chest as they stopped. "I…" Sharon looked at Rey. She didn't want to make him think that she disliked being his partner in the performance. "Can't we just change the steps, sir?" Rey interwined before Sharon could answer. She was so glad that he asked it.

"Why? What's wrong with the steps, Rey?" Gurmeet hooked his glasses higher above his nose.

"There's nothing wrong with the steps, sir. But…" Rey glanced at Sharon. "We both are not comfortable doing it" he answered on her behalf as well.

"Look Rey…" Gurmeet was losing his patience. "You both have read the protocols very clearly. You don't have any say in it. As per me, the steps are something this dance needs. You both have to let go your inhibitions and do it…" he warned. There was no glint of Mercy haunted in his eyes. Instead, a pure peril of wickedness gleamed.