Chapter 18

A week had gone by. Surbhi successfully managed to discipline the Dynamites team even though they troubled her with punctuality. She had strictly warned them to take it seriously.

Today, Surbhi and Kriya sat in the RH early in the morning waiting for others to arrive. Everyday they came half n hour late for the practice. They were surely testing Surbhi's patience.

"Hum dono ek hour se in logon ka wait Kar rahe hai, Surbhi. Abi Tak nahi aye hai. Agar har roz aise hi chalta Raha na.… In logon ke saath saath hum bi buri tarikese fas jayenge" Kriya sighed switching of her laptop. Since the team members arrived late, she was finishing her AGS duties. Rey had assigned her with some notifications to put it on the notice board. Hence, she was preparing a notes during this waiting time.

Surbhi sat watching the old videos of D3 gang to analyse her mates strengths and weaknesses in the dance. She looked really pissed off as they didn't show up even after 7.00am even though rehearsals started at 6.00am.

"Kuch toh bolo, Surbhi... I'm sick of this waiting…" Kriya frowned.

"Mujhe bi koi shauk nahi hai ki mein har roz in logon ka wait karu, Kriya. I have been very clear about the things when we started it. Ye log tumhare dost te na… ya hai… tell me? Ye log humesha aise hi karte hai Kya?" Surbhi retorted.

"Ye log humesha se aise nahi the, Surbhi... But aajkal... I don't know what got into them." Kriya scowled. "let me call Simmi… pata toh chale… atleast wo ayenge ya nahi… agar nahi aa rahe hai toh..  hum humara dusra kaam karlete hai …"

"Wait." Surbhi stopped her. "don't call them… Chalo hum nikalte hai." She stood up.

"But…" Kriya was taken aback.

"I know what I'm doing. Trust me… Chalo..." She pulled her up and both walked away.

******

"Yaar… aaj toh hum itna late ho Gaye hai… pata nahi Surbhi kaise react karegi?" Simmi trotted on her heels. She, Vicky, Nil and Bharath were late to the morning rehearsals.

"Kya bolegi? Kuch nahi bolegi… humara wait karta rahenge.  Itna tension kyun leti ho tum?" Nil was carefree.

"Abe… agar wo kuch dategi na…" Bharath wondered.

"Chill … Bharath …" Vicky locked his hand around his neck. "wo bahut sweet hai… aur saath mein Kriya bi hai … toh wo boli hogi… ki hum aa jayenge …"

"Abe… har roz toh daantati haina wo…" Bharath reminded.

"Kya be… wo sirf bolti hai hum sabko time per aane ke liye… dantati nahi..." Vicky assured him.

"Guys …" Simmi exclaimed as they reached the RH. Everyone looked at her and followed her gaze. The RH was empty. All the four looked at each other.

******

As Kriya pasted an announcement in the notice board, students in the hall gathered around them. Dazzlers were already present. Vicky, Nil, Simmi and Bharath too joined them as they spotted Kriya. Before they could talk to her, they read the notice.

Dear Students,

Hereby, we are pleased to inform you that Goa Fest will be held on 27th December of next month.

Every year, only Dance team represented our St. Louis college in the fest. But, it's time to change the heritage. And here we have an encouraging news to all the cultural departments. An important decision is taken by the management of the college to give a fair chance to all the students to represent their creativity, since there's huge increase in the participation of students in various departments, this year.