Chapter 3

Note: The chapter is quite long. Please read with little patience.

Taani stood in the bus stop waiting to catch a vehicle to reach college. She was standing there from past 15 minutes. It was getting late and there was neither an auto or bus came along the way. She could easily go in a car for all the richness Shekawats possessed. Even her Tauji Rishi Shekawat insisted that she go in car. But she politely refused. She was already in debt of Shekawats. And she declined to utilise their kindness for any lavish enjoyments.

From childhood, Rishi & Sakshi Shekawat have been her guardian parents as she lost her parents under a car accident. They cared for her just as they did Swayam. They had given everything she dreamt of. She was grateful for it. And she really didn't thought about her being under their shadow until Rishi came to Mumbai to stay with them, as he had his buisness works transferred here for few days. During which, she realised how hurt Swayam looked when Rishi appreciated her views more than his. Swayam may have never miffed about it in open but his friends and Sharon made sure to make her realise about it. That was the exact moment she noticed, there was always a misfit gap between them. She may have grown up with Swayam for all her life but she wasn't his real sister. She understood thoroughly how the Dynamics between the duo were so bizarre unlike the actual brothers and sisters she witnessed. She had tried hard to get closer to her brother. But he never allowed her inside the door. He just kept her waiting outside the door only letting his friends and Sharon inside. That pained her but she was used to it now.

And also the fiasco with Rey and dancing was the biggest blow she ever committed. She shouldn't have asked Rey to hide his identity in the fear of her Tauji. But what chance she had? She respected the man enough to not go against his protocols. So she took the chance. It was wrong. She knew it. Still, she did it only in the hope of making things better for her & Rey. Blimey! Rey never understood her. His friends mocked her for making him do it. Her brother was irritated at her for being so naive. And finally she did the right thing. She told Rishi the truth. Probably it was because of their break up. But she would have told him eventually even if they were together. She wouldn't have kept Rey away from his dance. And for once, she knew 'Dance is always his first Love'. He will never prioritise her above it. Even she didn't wish that to happen. Because it was his dance whom she fell in love with in the first place.

Taani looked at her watch twice more. She would be definitely late for the college, now. As she waited in the stop, she caught sight of a stray puppy crossing the road. It was wandering alone. The hum of vehicles were high & the puppy was cooeng in fear to cross the road. Until that moment, she never realised how fragile animals were. It was struggling with little steps as the road cleared. It was putting baby steps and suddenly a car zoomed in. Instinct pushed Taani to run for it's aid. The car shrieked into a sudden halt as Taani gripped the puppy in her hand closed in her eyes at the terror of getting hit.

******

"Guys, once more" Sharon clapped, playing the music. Gang were practicing a dance routine for the annual day of St. Louis. Rey wasn't in a mood to concentrate on his moves but Sharon was bossy as hell. He knew better than to argue. But he was missing the steps and it was affecting the gang practice.

"Rey" she yelled for the fifth time. He sighed. "Sharon… let us give it a break…" Swayam signalled her pointing towards Rey. She nodded. "Okay then… we will continue in the evening…" she dismissed. Gang split into their usual fun and murmurs. And suddenly there was a commotion outside the corridor. Everyone looked at each other. "Kya ho Raha hai be…" Vicky rose his eyebrow at Nil. "Chalo be dekte hai…" saying both prowled outside the RH, followed by others. Rey too walked dismissively.

Students gathered in the corridors at first floor and all were looking down the hall. Whispers floated around. D3 gang curiously skimmed their gaze accordingly to the narrowed stares of students. During which Rey was least interested in the humdrum going. He walked leisurely crossing the corridor and took the stair path. "Wow… yaar" Vicky fizzled out as his romantic manga buckled up looking into the girl in the hall.