Chapter 31

"I love you too…"

Su's words echoed in Rithwik's mind for the thousandth time. He stood in the dark porch outside his room. The emotions he was going through exceeded his ability to cope with it. He closed his eyes remembering Wahi's act. The brutal enact of Su's death and then, Taani's entry in his life. It was all nice to see but in reality it didn't happen. He never got over Su.

"Rithwik" Wahi kept a hand on his shoulder who came in search of him. Rithwik opened his eyes but didn't turn or respond.

"I know... Aaj tum bahut hurt ho... Wo bi mere wajahse… I'm sorry…" Wahi was sorry for making him  suffer. Rithwik didn't speak. Wahi couldn't take his silence. That wasn't his friend. Rithwik always had something to say. And his silence wasn't helping him to comprehend the situation. He forcefully turned him to face him.

Wahi's heart broke at the sight of Rithwik. His eyes were red and puffed. His cheeks were swollen. And his pupils dilated to skim the brimming tears. Wahi's gut wrenched at his broken state. "Rithwik…" Wahi's eyes immediately welled up.

"Agar tum abi bi mujh per gussa ho na… toh…" Wahi bobbed his head. "Mujhe Maro... Ya mujhper chillao… Lekin aise mat raho… please..." He held his hands to slap his cheeks.

Then, all of a sudden Rithwik pulled him into a soul shattering hug. And he let out the tears to flow.  "Mujhse nahi ho Raha hai, Wahi… I'm unable to take this pain…" Rithwik's words wounded Wahi deeply. There was extreme torment in it. Wahi clasped on to him, caressing his head. He could literally feel his pain infusing in him. He didn't stop him from crying. He let him pour out his pain. It has been more than 2 years and he needed to get this out of his system. He had never seen Rithwik so broken especially in front of someone, including himself. People may say, Men are not emotional fools. But that's exactly what they are at times. The only difference is they are masters in camouflaging it. But right now, Rithwik was bearing his heart out and Wahi just stood their consoling him. No. Not console. He just stood there along with him sharing his pain. Feeling it. And memorizing it. This would be the last time Rithwik would ever cry. He would make sure of it. That was the promise he made for himself. For his friend.

******

"Rey…" Hina fiddled with her phone. "Can I just have a word?"

All were still at Hina's place. Surbhi had taken the D3 girls in need of a help. Boys, Rey and Karan stayed with Hina.

"Ha… say na, Hina…" Rey encouraged.

"Rey… Taani's plan is going to trouble her startup, a big time…" Hina was feeling guilty. Everyone listened in silence. "Ye Taani ko sirf tum hi samjasakte ho, Rey..."

"Tumne ne bi suna ki Taani ne mujhe Kya bola, Hina…" Rey winced. Hina looked disappointed.

"Taani exactly Kya karna chahti hai?" Karan enquired.

"Taani uski startup ke vendor ke paas jaanewali hai abi, Karan… wo chahti hai ki Kal night show time Tak, jo bi clothes ramp walk ke liye chahiye… wo unke paas banwakar ayegi… And you know what? The ramp walk designer clothes cost is bloody 20 lakhs… And she's going to pay it from her own loan amount which she has taken for her business..." Hina sounded exasperated.

"What?" Everyone exclaimed simultaneously.

"Is she crazy?" Nil was astounded. "Sach mein… 20 lakhs… wo apni account se degi?" Bharat's mouth was wide open. "Kya Kal lahi hai... Taani" Amar felt bad for her. "You should really call your MD, Hina… Ab Taani yaha nahi hai… At least we can stop her… please do it" Rey was shocked at this. He had little idea about it but he didn't knew, she was going to put herself in stake. Hina sighed finally relieved that someone had sense to understand her. She took the phone to call her boss but Karan stopped her by pulling the cell from her hand. She looked baffled at him.