Chapter 72

Everyone except Taani and Rey assembled in the hall as Harshad took the center table to lap upon.

“How you guys are doing?” Harshad sipped a glass of water looking at the gang. They looked as energetic as always. But yet he couldn’t help noticing small worry lines across their face. Why wouldn’t they? After all they were here to win a competition and how much ever they enjoyed it; the stress of successfully winning it will always be running in their minds.

“Wonderful, sir” Sharon beamed. “We had been selected into the second round eliminations already”

Gang looked proud of themselves except for Swayam. He looked absent, mentally. His gaze loomed across Sharon for a brief second observing the curls dancing across her forehead. Surbhi followed Swayam’s gaze only to puff in a sigh. Love made you crazy. Crazy ass bitch, actually. People often neglect the mistakes of their loved ones, even if when they shattered their heart into pieces. Love doesn’t know anything but to embrace the beauty of one we adore. Either it’s their mistakes or series of wrong choices.

“Good to know.” Harshad clapped. “I have important announcement to make too”

“Taani abi tak ayi nahi hai” Zoya intervened. “Rey bi nahi hai...” Vicky stared around, stopping his search at Swayam’s face.

“Kya matlab?” Swayam’s possessive mood turned top notch. Whether he was happy or depressed, his brother duty never slept off. All others attentively roamed their eyes across the room where Harshad caught Zoya’s smirk. Her smirk immediately slipped off at his stare. She knew that he had caught her. “Here he comes” Wahi hardly held back a chuckle. Everyone stared at him.

“Hum sab yaha hai toh, tu kaha gaya ta?” Swayam barked. “Wo…” Rey stumbled all of a sudden and choked out. Because Swayam’s sudden question took him aback as he remembered where his hands were before minutes. “Shayad pyaas laga hoga” Rithwik came into his aid. He locked his hand across Rey’s neck, winking at him. Rey was bloody thankful to the guy at that moment. “Lekin kitchen toh yaha nahi hai?” Swayam pointed at the way Rey walked from. Everyone chuckled internally. Even Sharon and simmi couldn’t hold back the banter between these two buddies. It was always funny yet adorable to see Swayam always putting Rey on a pedestal. Before Swayam could stuck anymore chord and embarrass Rey, Taani actually walked out of the kitchen which was opposite to their sitting place. Everyone exchanged a confused glance. Even Zoya and Rey were confused knowing exactly that they were together with each other before minutes. Swayam’s eyes calmed understanding that he mistook a situation. But little did he know that his doubts were exactly right about his best friend crossing a line with his sister?

“Now that everbody have come, I think you must give us the news you were about to share” Hina interfered to ease of the tension brewed among. Harshad’s eyes lit up at her voice and sent a brief smile, which went noticed by Wahi. And he suddenly felt awkward at Harshad’s gaze on her. Or he had probably never seen the way he looked at her until now. It was disturbing for him because he exactly was aware of that look. It reflected his own whenever he heard her or looked her or she stayed nearby him. Meanwhile, Taani and Rey caught each other’s eyes reminiscing the minutes they had spent together back in the room. Day by day, they were reaching high level of comfort in their relationship. Sometimes, it feared Taani too much. The tension between them was exceeding furiously each second they spent in isolation. She was sure to give him not just her heart out but her whole body. And that was the same with him. He didn’t hide his need from her anymore. There was a time he calculated every physical move with her keeping the boundaries in his mind. Now, things had changed. This relationship with her wasn’t just something he took it for granted. He never knew the ability of his love until she walked into his life. She loved him selflessly and he made sure to give back that every inch in interest as the feeling is mutual between them. Suddenly, he winked making her cheeks flush and heart flutter. She averted her eyes before anyone could catch them and start the drama again. She had slowly tip toed through backdoor to the kitchen seeing his brother back in a hulk mood. She knew her brother though wouldn’t question her, would be enraged at Rey if she went in the same path as he gone previously. None were fools to believe them. Because each one in the room knew it, yet everyone acted it out except her brother who wouldn’t shut up for many reasons. But she understood his care and affection behind it. So, she didn’t mind whenever he went into hulk version.