Chapter 64

Days went like crazy; where Swayam and Sharon didn’t show up to the rehearsals at Bharat’s garage from the day of their unofficial breakup. And they completely avoided each other at college. It was badly affecting the team. SDC dates were almost closer and they didn’t have a perfect routine to practice. Rey was juggled between Sharon and Swayam who were not ready to talk about each other. Irrespective of Rey’s constant efforts to bring them on board to the practices, they just requested time for few days to settle in. He didn’t force them from then on. He spoke with Taani every single day as she was the only sane thing in his life right at the moment. Everything was pretty messed up and he didn’t had any plan to get over it. And to add on his last frustration, Kunal showed up during one of his face time video call with Taani and he couldn’t keep quite. Seeing him around her like a frigging leech, suffocated him. He had cut the call on Taani’s face confusing her to the core at his abrupt behavior. She wouldn’t understand. Especially, not the jealousy he was feeling. It wasn’t like he didn’t trust Taani or even Kunal to be honest. But it just made him mad. He wasn’t a kind of person who liked to share his GF even with her closest friends, though it sounded like a psycho love. He controlled himself most of the times hoping he didn’t nag her.

Taani shared everything she did in Bangalore. She had finalized the interior decorations for her new boutique and the team had already started the work at Mumbai. She was now preparing for the exhibition and she cooed while showing all the beautiful designs she had designed. She was very much excited yet was kind of nervous and wished to have Rey with her. But then, she had realized that his requirement at college was more important as he and the gang prepared for SDC and NDC. She may have been in bad terms with the gang, but she always wished the best for them. She had spoken to her brother only twice from the day she moved to Bangalore. He sounded sad. Nonetheless, he assured her that he was fine.

Whenever Taani spoke about Swayam with Rey, he easily diverted the topic. He would have told her the truth if she wasn’t occupied with her own deadlines at work. If he confronted the truth of Swayam and sharon’s break up now, she would blame no one but her. And he didn’t want her to have any distractions. Two more days were left for her exhibition and then she would be back.

******

“Mein toh Taani ko bahut miss kar rahi hun…” Zoya mused, as she brought a plate of snacks to Wahi and Rithwik who were snuggled on the couch along with Leo at Swayam's place. Leo was barking at both for playing with his pedigree. “Mein bi…” Wahi raised the biscuit higher and Leo jumped catching it like a pro. “Aur mein bi…” Rithwik responded, patting Leo on his fur for the unmissable catch.

“Waise… Hina ko bi bulana chahiye ta na… Hum sab yaha hai… Taani nahi hai bolke wo aajkal humse bi nahi mil rahi hai...” Rithwik complained, making Wahi’s posture to straighten. Suddenly, his emotions welled up wanting to burst louder than ever. But he was holding up. He hadn’t shared his heartbreak news with anyone. Not even Rithwik. He was too guilty to share the news knowing how dreadfully he pursued him to move on. Moreover, the thought of falling for someone who was already in love with someone else made him gag. He simply couldn’t understand the way Hina behaved with him prior and post his confession perplexed him. For once he knew in his heart that she had feelings for him. But why would she even bluff if it was otherwise?
“Pata nahi… Meine bola ta Hina ko ghar ane ke liye… Okay bola ta usne… Aur jab mein bola tum dono bi aa rahe ho… usne bola ki usko kuch kaam yaad aa gaya… aur wo baad mein milegi humse…” Zoya frowned. Rithwik scrunched his brows realizing Hina’s dejection at their presence. But the minute he saw Wahi’s face, he found it fishy. Wahi may have thought that Rithwik didn’t notice. But he observed everything, including the lessened conversations or no communication between Hina and Wahi as before. He thought Wahi would confront him without asking but he was wrong. Wahi would open his mouth to talk about everything but not her.
“Aur sach bolu toh… aaj kal kaam bi bahut zyada hai office per… Waise tum logonko pata hai… Hume ek naya project mila hai… Harshad sir” Her voice adored taking his name which went noticed by Rithwik and Wahi who exchanged a glance at each other. “mein, Hina and Taani will be going to Kashmir for a week.”