Chapter 41

Shoot from beta industry was finished and the release dates were yet in discussion with the panel. However, it would take atleast a month to release the three videos through digital platform as instructed by Harshad. Immediately, exams had started at St. Louis and none had time to rejoice in the success of their first professional project. Karan was back in the city to attend his final semester exams while gang, Taani, Wahi and Rithwik didn't waste a minute to prepare endlessly for the examinations. Except Taani and Karan, all others were pacing every place in the college trying to read like maniacs. Girls had occupied libraries which they had never seen in their entire life while boys gathered at Rey's house including Wahi and Rithwik. Alas, Vicky, Nil, Bharath and Amar was finding difficult to even mug up the slightest answers from the text books. They were all the way surprised seeing Taani being the composed one to attend her exams. Hence, made a bee line at her asking for group studies where she can teach them few things. At least, they wanted the passing marks.

Taani was taken aback at their approach towards her for helping them with the exam teachings. But she didn't hesitate before helping them. She may have been a poor dancer but she was definitely an academic topper from the childhood. In this way, the exams went on everyday. There was no place for gossips, fun, group chats, dance, singing or anything except studies for more than a week. And at last, the exams were over.

******

"Taani…" Swayam knocked on her door. "Andar ayiyena Bhai" Taani yelled from inside.

As he opened the door, Taani's cupboard was open. Taani was compressing her clothes in one of the suitcase while few were piled up on her bed. Her couple of sandals were sprawled on the floor.  Her jewelleries were spread on the dressing table. Actually, her room was messed up big time.

"Taani… hum sirf ek month ke liye jaa rahe hai…" Swayam's eyes wandered around her room. She frowned looking upon his reaction. "Tum toh pura kamra kaali Kar rahe ho…" he was astonished.

"Oh bhai… mein pura kamra Kali kaha Kar Rahi hun… sirf ek month ke liye jitna chahiye utna hi le rahi hun…" she said innocently as she tried to press the suitcase to zip it. He rolled his eyes. Girls. At least he thought his sister wasn't a fashion buff. Which was absolutely wrong.

"Chal… mein help karta hun…" He aided her. The suitcase was already overloaded. "Mein jaake… Sharon ko lekar aata hun… tab tak saare aa jayenge…" he informed her. "Teek hai Bhai... Jaldi aa jana" She teased him. He blushed at her tease but left the place.

******

"Kya hua, Hina?" Harshad dropped the pen on file noticing her fiddling with fingers in her lap.

"Kuch nahi, Sir…" She beamed. But she was mentally stressing over.

"Tum past half n hour se mujhse kuch baat karne ke liye koshish Kar rahe ho… lekin phir bi Puch nahi paa rahe ho…" he slid back on to his chair. Both were in Harshad's cabin discussing about some raw material issues.

Hina was surprised at his attentiveness. "Ab puchogi bi? Ya aise hi baitogi" his eyes landed on her wriggling hands.

"Wo…" she began but she knew the result of her request. Still she staggered to ask him. "I wanted a leave…"

"Okay…" He was mused. It was such a simple thing to ask. "You can take it…"

Her eyes popped out. "I need leave for one month" her eyes zoomed in on him flabbergasted at his approval when she asked for the first time.

Now this was something he didn't expect. One month was a big thing. She was the creative director of the company and it was no less than a task to maintain the company in her absence. Then, something flashed into his mind. "Let me guess… Are you and Taani going somewhere?" He demanded an answer. Hina fell silent. Now, what was she going to tell him. He had already permitted Taani on a condition that she will be still working. Like work from home since most of her work is related with designing. She had an option to do it. But Hina…