Chapter 59

"Har ek friend kameena hota hai….
Tr tr tr… har ek friend kameena hota hai…
Hmmm… har ek friend kameena hota hai…"

Wahi danced funnily around Taani. She sat on the stairs of basketball court holding back a smile at his antics. She was in a bad mood and didn't wanted to talk to anyone. But Wahi had followed her and talked nonstop. Still, she didn't respond. Hence, he took the opportunity to showcase his awful talent of dancing which made her chuckle through sadness.

Rithwik scampered towards them. His mind was whirling like a wheel of speed bullet. Kriya's confession came back to him and slapped in his brain every second. He never expected it. He… He had been mystified. He was utterly shocked to even shape a reply. Moreover, she had ran back without waiting for his acknowledgement. He was stupified to even digest the fact that Kriya had fallen in love with him. He never expected things to get so complicated. He could never forget Su. That wasn't even an option. Then again, he had made a promise for himself that he'll stay happy and find love in his life. He liked Kriya. Somewhere, he liked her more than as a friend, considering his own behavior with her. But that didn't make any sense for him to be sure that he had cultivated feelings for her. That was just plain unacceptable for him. But knowing that she was in love with him, could he ever look at her the same way he use to see her? He couldn't. Their friendship has changed overnight and he was clueless to handle about it.

Amidst of his own miseries, his friend needed him. Taani needed someone to be with her, right now at the moment. He couldn't imagine what she is going through. Every single loved person of her had betrayed her. And she was disrupted. But he was so glad that Wahi was trying all his antics to make her smile. And her lips were infact tipping up though she strained it. But she couldn't hold back and a small smile pulled her lips.

"Oh Taani…" Wahi kneeled in front of her in relief. "Thank God... Tu hasi toh sahi…" he held her hands as Rithwik joined them.

"Tu na Taani... Jab hasti ho toh… you look so cute…" Rithwik pulled her cheeks. He then sat beside her, slapping his shoulder on her.

Taani cupped Wahi's hands and looked between both him and Rithwik. "Thank you…"

There was no need of any explanation. "Ayya..  Taani… tu agar agli baar thanks bolegi na?" Wahi warned. "mein tujhse baat nahi karunga…"

Taani twitched her lips. Her hurt was visible on her face. Maybe they made her smile for a second, but it faded as soon as it started. Rithwik and Wahi looked at each other. Riwthik stood up and pulled Taani up making Wahi to stand up as well. "Hum teeno aaj raat Bahar jaa rahe hai…" he announced.

"Mera mood nahi hai, Rithwik…" Taani's voice came in slow whispers.

"Aise kaise mood nahi hai… Hum tumhara favorite jaga kane jayenge… please Taani… please... Please…" Wahi pleaded her.

"Okay..." Taani knew they were doing it on purpose. She really was upset for many reasons and they were trying to cheer her. If she went back home alone, definitely she would lock herself up and cry the heck out of her  distress. So, she accepted their offer hoping her troubles doesn't endanger their efforts of being there for her. She was genuinely glad to have both of them at her side.

She had always been alone in her life. Even after getting into a relationship with Rey, she failed to have him as a friend, first. It took 2 long years with profound misunderstandings and hate between her and gang to cope up with each other. Then again, when she thought they really cared for her or befriended her for what she's… She couldn't believe they had backstabbed her. Especially, she was hurt because of Rey and her brother. She couldn't believe that both of them didn't even spare a minute to talk to her about things rather than deciding themselves, even for her part of the play. Everytime, NDC happened, she and Rey had miffs between them. She accepted the GS offer mainly to help gang in their little dirty secrets of doing things under her concealment along with the trust VP had on her. But she had lost both. She was suspended from the college and probably that was the biggest humiliation she ever faced since she went to school. She was always studious and not a rule breaker. But for the first time, she had been accused as a rule breaker without even her fault. She may not be a dancer as Rey, her brother and her friends were… But she definitely made place for herself in the college by being the brightest student. And guess what? Even that didn't aid her out of the suspension. She was just disappointed in everyone. And there was a hard truth, which she tried to push away until today. But she knew it then, it would stay forever if she was going to stay with Rey. For him, dance would be his priority always. And she couldn't even blame him. Because that's what his identity is. Then, came his friends. Then again, would she really be angry on him? They had been in his life, even before her. And it was simply selfish on her part to expect him to prioritize her over everyone. She had learnt this truth harder in life. Sometimes, you need to accept the person for who he's. You cannot condition one, in the name of love. And she wouldn't. Probably she would take quite a time to get over this phase, but she would bounce back to herself once she overcame this emotional baggage.