Chapter 23

Kriya stood bemused at the fact that Rey turned her down. The same Rey who followed her everywhere just to get a glimpse of her, today ignored her so bad. The same Rey who made her fall in love with him. Her first crush. First love. The last time he was passionate enough to wait for her answer. But she couldn't confess him. And today when she did, he just - she looked humiliated at his reaction. Did he still not forgive her? Or does he really not interested in her anymore? Or why did Taani suddenly jerked up when she confessed? Why did Rey was affected at her dismissal when she knelt down confronting him those three magical words? What was happening? She had no freaking idea except that Rey rejected her without a second thought. And man, that stung her sharp. Razor sharp.

"Kriya" Neha put a hand on her shoulder, knowing she was hurt. Kriya's eyes were moistened but she didn't shed any tears. She wasn't a girl to cry over things. But deep down, she knew tears would fall out as soon as she's alone.

"I'm sorry, Kriya… mein nahi janti ti ki tum Rey se Sach mein pyaar karte ho.. " Neha apologized. She was one who gave dare and she really didn't expect Kriya would propose Rey. Kriya kept quiet while others just stared at her.

"Lekin... Tum nahi jante ho na… Rey aur Taani ek dusre see pyaar karte hai…" Neha divulged the truth. Kriya wasn't prepared for this. Her core misshaped into fine rock particles. How could Kriya never think of it? There was a year gap between the departure between her and Rey. And, he had moved on while she wasn't. Was it his mistake? Or her's who still waited for him? Or loved him? Or she just hoped that he still loved her? She was torn apart at the sudden revealation of someone being in his life other than her. That's what she wanted when she moved away from him. And now when he had really moved on, why was she even feeling sad? Was she so selfish to await for him knowing she was the one who broke the relationship? Yes. She was. But knowing he loved Taani and Taani inturn loved him just made so much sense. She was such a fool to anticipate him being back with her. And, now she could understand his formal behaviour with her. He never crossed a friendship line though she wondered many times since she thought he was still in love with her. But the truth was something else. But she was somehow glad that it came out. Or else, her hopes would have ascended even higher and it would have been very difficult to get back from it. Now atleast she could make herself understand the situation.

Karan, Surbhi, Rithwik, Wahi and Hina stared at each other. None knew about Taani and Rey being in a relationship. Or loving each other.

"Per meine Taani aur Rey ko ek baar bi baat karte hue nahi deka…" Wahi doubted. He was sure about his statement.

"Kyunki, kuch cheezon ki wajahse wo dono ek dusre see naraz te…" Sharon interfered before anyone gave them an information of their break up. It was personal and she didn't wanted everyone to know about it. She was sure of them getting together.

"Per…" Wahi looked like he had something to say. "Sharon is right..." Rithwik agreed to her point. Swayam stared at him. Others did the same. "I mean …" Rithwik rose his hands. "I din't know about this… but I have seen Taani looking at Rey... And anyone could analyse that she loved him… though I wasn't aware about Rey's feelings or them being in a relationship…" he smiled. He had observed Taani many times. He always did. Her eyes resembled the girl he loved and it just attracted him to her. At first, he thought it was all her eyes which made him look at her even when she stumbled at his gaping. But it wasn't just her eyes, her behavior, the way she speaks everything connected to Sukirti (Sukirti Kandpal). His 'Su'. The minute he had seen Taani with a puppy in her hand, it was exactly how he had met Su in the past and that similarities gobsmacked him. That was the reason he always gawked her. He always found a glimpses of Su in Taani. And that's exactly why Karan was instantly connected to Taani. His sister Su was precisely the one he saw when he looked at Taani.