Chapter 45

It was 10 past 9.00pm when someone knocked on Rey's door. He hadn't yet recovered from the giddy feeling of Taani's lucious lips on him before an hour. She had left the room hurriedly fearing Swayam would anytime barge in. He was reluctant to let her go as he knew Swayam and others were yet in Haweli. But she was quite offended when he had pointed that she was the one started to kiss him and he was going to be the one to end. She pouted at him and dragged her feet down. He had laughed on her for the comic frown she had pulled upon him.

With still a smile playing on his lips, he removed the latch of the door to see his parents waiting for him on the other end.

"Dad… mom?" Rey's questioning look lingered in the air. He let them in closing on the door.

"Ab toh free ho? Kya abi bi busy ho?" Mihir teased him.

"Kya dad… kaunsa kaam Kar Raha hun… Jo mein busy rahu… ofcourse I'm always free for you both…" he nagged.

"Accha ji…" Manini pinched his ears. "Isiliye aata hun bolke abi Tak humse baat Karne nahi Aya..."

"Aur hum hi dundke aye tujhe…" Mihir continued.

"Ouch…. Sorry mom…" Rey made a puppy face at his mother. She then let his ear free. "Mein Toda upset ta… toh .."

"Tum upset kyun ta?" Manini was suddenly concerned. Motherly instincts were on spot. Mihir too gave him the same caring look.

"Wooo… aap logonko tension lene ki zarurat nahi… ek small misunderstanding hua ta, mere aur Taani ke Beech… ab sab sort hogaya… toh mein bilkul normal hun…" Rey blushed.

Mihir and Manini exchanged an incredulous glance at each other. "Toh ye baat hai…" Manini went and sat with her husband who was already sedated on the edge of bed. "Ab tum Taani ke baare mein Bata Diya toh… Hume tumse isike baare mein baat karna hai… tujhse…"

"Taani ke baare mein? What?" Rey's eyes tapered at them. "Waha sabike saamne Puch nahi paye the hum log. .. but kabse chal Raha hai ye sab?" Manini rose an eyebrow at her son. Rey's face flushed. Now was he going to tell everything to his parents? He mean, it was all silly fights and angst between him and Taani in all the initial one year. So he didn't know how to convey his love story to his parents.

"Ab itna sharmaoge toh… hum Kya hi soche?" His father's statement mortified him, in a good way. "Dad…" Rey's cheeks went furious fuchsia. He went and sat between them as both of them made a space for him. "Warna…dek… humne toh tumhe aisa kabhi nahi deka ta…" Manini confessed. "Look at you... You are blushing like a teenage kid…" Mihir announced with a playful smile. "Oh God…. You guys are just embarrassing me…" Rey held a hand on his face. Mihir pulled his hands away from his face. "Now let us talk…" he commanded. Rey sighed. He didn't go into too much details. But he revealed the main scenes where he started liking her. He couldn't exactly point a particular moment where he fell for her. That was so not calculated. Because by the time he realised his feelings towards Taani, he was already in love with her. He excluded their break up phase and patch up part solely knowing that his parents wouldn't appreciate the deeds done by him. And he wasn't sorry for that. Now is all it mattered. He didn't want his parents to think any low of Taani or him just because they did a mistake.

"Humesha dance dance karte dekake meine Socha ta ki tum kabhi ye Pyaar ke chakkar mein nahi padoge…" Mihir wondered.

"Ab har koi ap ke jaisa todi na hota hai… Business business bolke wife ko Tak bul jaate ho…" Manini humiliated him sarcastically. Rey chuckled. Mihir grunted. "Ab Mera bete ko Pyaar ho Gaya toh ho gaya… and I'm glad that he have Taani…" Manini had a soft corner for Taani from the day she had met her.  Though Taani looked small and quite, there was a freaking demeanor that attracted her. She loved how absolutely fantastic Taani was with herself. Rey was astonished at his mother. He never thought his parents would willingly accept Taani's relationship with him. Especially, his mom though he knew that his father would support him.