Chapter 38

Taani, Surbhi, Wahi, Rithwik and Kriya sat in canteen having their lunch.

"How is the shooting going on with you all?" Kriya enquired, all of a sudden.

"Humara toh ab Tak mast chal Raha hai… mein aur Taani rock kar rahe hai…" Wahi beamed. "Haina Taani?"

Taani nodded with a simple smile. Ofcourse she enjoyed spending time with Wahi and she couldn't ask a better partner for the short movie they were shooting. At least, he was a friend and she shared a great rapport with him. She couldn't imagine if she had to do all the scenes written in the script with someone else. Trying to bring the same intensity would definitely be hard. She was still not completely adjusted to the cameras which focused only on them mainly during the scenes. But Wahi would make the environment ease with his fun banter that she forget that they were acting. If she had to be honest, she enjoyed acting a little extra, now. Mainly because of his company. Also, she was glad that the story of the script was an intense one and their scenes were subtle without going overboard. Otherwise, she would have lost all her shit just thinking of it. And others laughed at his excitement.

"D3 team ka kaise chal Raha hai, Surbhi?" Rithwik stressed as he sipped coke. She looked up from her plate. She really didn't know what was happening with her team. They made them to rehearse several steps only to be closed in a single shot even when she felt that they weren't upto the mark. Gurmeet was anxious to finish off with the shoot with the team as soon as possible. But he wasn't the same with Rey or Sharon. He took his own sweet little time and guided them. Also, even in a dance performance, he made them the center of attention. She had very hard time taking all this bias. She wasn't a girl to keep quiet with such things. But she was equally concerned for the team as well. Yesterday, probably even Swayam understood what went behind their back. And she was sorry for him. He really looked shaken after watching Rey and Sharon's duo. There wasn't any insecureness in his eyes. Instead, all she could feel from him was a disturbance. Everyone understood it except Rey and Sharon. They both behaved as if they had no say in it and they just did what Gurmeet said. And that Gurmeet guy… She really hated him.

"Surbhi…" Rithwik shook her shoulder when he heard no answer from her.

"Haa… teek chal Raha hai…" her smile wasn't warm. Taani noticed it. Even others noticed it.

At the same time, D3 gang except Swayam arrived into canteen occupying the benches in front of them. All looked quite serious. None were neither smiling nor involved in their epic hilarious battles which boys were excellent at.

Taani found it weird. Her brother was no where to be seen with them and it bothered her a little. Because gang was always together. And her brother was upset at night. Even in the morning, he had left home before she woke up. In the class too, he was seated beside her and not with Rey. Which was very unusual. She didn't press on him. Atleast he was opening upto her slowly now and she didn't want to lose that closeness with him.

Rey caught Taani glancing at the gang and waved a hand. She passed him a big smile. Watching him just made her forget the unnerving things for a second. He was staring at her. And shamelessly she did the same.

"Rey…" Vicky's loud scream broke his eye contact with Taani. Rithwik, Wahi, Surbhi and Kriya smirked at Taani making her head hung lower. She just stared at food rather than their faces.

"Kya hua?" Rey slid on to the back of his chair. "Tumhara aankhein humesha Taani per hi rehta hai, Rey… Abi hum baat Kar rahe hai… humari taraf dek" Nil twitched his face literally. And that made the people at Taani's table to chuckle. She blushed harder as she mouthed a piece of food into her mouth.

"Ouch… Nil…" Rey thwarted his hand. "Mein tum logonko hi DEK Raha hun… bolo ab Kya hai?"

"Wahi… ki… Swayam abi Tak nahi Aya hai… usko call Kar..." Simmi informed.