Chapter 11

"I missed you" The words echoed in Taani's head. Her footsteps halted at Rey's words. Suddenly, her senses flared up as if someone threw a bucket of cold water on her. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe Rey said that to Kriya… Kriya, the girl he was in love with once upon a time… no… wait… just a year back. The same Rey then who had fallen in love with her and broke her into pieces.

"I missed you too, Rey" Kriya held his hand. And then, she hugged him. Rey stumbled back a little by the force of her embrace but held his ground. He didn't hug her back. His hands lingered in the air. He was befuddled. He didn't feel the same butterflies around her. He didn't feel his heart singing for her anymore. He didn't feel anything for her at all except for the peacefulness in the truth of her story. She had been guilty and suffered a lot after departing from him. And that softened him a bit. He just patted her back.

"Thank you, Rey… Thank you so much" she cracked a wide smile squeezing him little more. He felt wired at the intimacy. "Mujhse baat karne ke liye... Mujhe maaf Karne ke liye…" she beamed herself. "Mein bahut kush hun aaj…"

"Taani… Kya hua?" Karan poked her frozen stature. And that loud sound broke Rey and Kriya's conversation. Both turned to look at them. And caught Karan and Taani watching them back.

If looks could have killed, Taani's gaze would have burned Rey into ashes. He was in deep trouble. Her jaw was clenched tightly. Her mouth was zipped harshly and her eyes… it burned through his visions. She was damn angry… hurt... Broken… And Rey looked at Kriya and again at Taani and immediately understood the problem. But… she would know…. She would know that he didn't have any feelings for Kriya… but her eyes told him an entire different story. She was angry because she thought… Rey had many more nights to feel sick about….. Taani had sure misunderstood the situation.

"Karan…" Kriya ran to him, pulling him into a hug. Karan was surprised at her. Not for the hug but she literally looked so happy. And the thing he watched her with Rey…. Had something to do with her happiness. Because he just knew it. "Tum yaha Kya Kar rahe ho?" She asked him. "Wo mein.. Taani ko chodne Aya ta…" he looked at Taani. But she was busy in throwing swords at Rey through her looks. And the amazing thing was, Rey was just staring back at her and n helplessness. He couldn't quiet put his head into it.

"Aaj toh tune miss kardiya... We had all gone to shopping and Taani came along" Karan explained in order to break the tension. Rey's head jerked up at his words. She had gone with them? All alone. And she didn't even inform anyone… and why did she even go with them?

"Taani… tum atleast bolkar toh jaati…." Rey plodded towards her and ceased his steps in front of her. "Kisko?" She vexed out. Karan and Kriya looked stunned at her response. "Mein kaha jaati hun… ye mujhe apko batakar jaana ta Kya?" Her mouth fumed and tightened. "Mera Matlab... I mean… Swayam…" Rey knew he was going to be bashed if he tried to talk to her now. But he was restless of her absence from the morning and when he got to know she was having fun with new come people just made him worse. It wasn't like he didn't like Taani hanging out with any others… it's just that he wasn't getting any privilege of even talking to her made him question everything around her.

"Mere Bhai ko Mein kaha jaa rahi hu… wo batake gayi hun, Rey… aur mujhe nahi lagta… Mera bhai ya Mera Tauji ke alawa… mujhe kisika permission Lena hai… kaskar apki…." Her words were harsh and cold. But he wasn't going to argue. He could comprehend the hurt behind her words.

"Tum Rey se aise kyun baat Kar rahe ho, Taani? Wo sirf tumse Puch Raha hai na…" Kriya interfered before anyone could stop her. She felt bad for Rey. Also, She was definitely surprised at the calm Rey even when he was being yelled at… It twisted her instincts.