Chapter 12

(Play the song while you read it for better experience in reading the first scene)

Music began in the background. Rithwik's one hand held Taani's waist while he extended the other hand for her. She hung back for a while but placed her hand on his while the other hand landed on his shoulder.

Dekha hazaron dafa aapko
Phir beqarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
Kuch aap mein baat aisi hai

Rithwik's eyes deposited on Taani's face. Her eyes… her cheeks… her lips… and the perfect curves of her jaw. His gaze roamed all over her capturing her beauty in his vision. Her skin gleamed. He had looked at her all the time yet there was something so attractive in her which ensnared him in her web.

Lekar ijazat ab aap se
Saansein ye aati jaati hain
Dhoondhe se milte nahi hain hum
Bas aap hi aap baaki hain

Taani lifts her eyes up and smiled at him. He reciprocates it with even wider one. Having her looking at him seized his breathe in a different tune. His eyes wouldn't leave her even if he willed to detach his gaze from her.

Pal bhar na doori sahein aap se
Betaabiyan yeh kuch aur hain
Hum door hoke bhi paas hain
Nazdeekiyan yeh kuch aur hain

He had less hope of her affect on him. But his feelings were twisting and occupying him. Pleasant cobble wobbbles danced in his stomach as her hand slipped down a bit and replaced back close to his neck.

Dekha hazaro dafaa aapko
Phir beqarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
Kuch pyar mein baat aisi hai

Kriya stared at Rey as she danced with him. She had waited a year long for this. This moment. And now her heart wouldn't stop anymore. There was a power in her love. He gave her a tight smile. But his gaze narrowed somewhere else.

Aagosh mein hai jo aapki
Aisa sukoon aur paaye kahan
Aankhen humein ye raas aa gayi
Ab hum yahan se jaaye kahan

Taani smiled but her heart was tracking to look at someone else. She was in Rithwik's hold but she found Rey keeping her in place. She looked behind Rithwik to catch Rey staring at her already. Both of them wanted to be with each other yet they were apart in someone's embrace.

Dekha hazaron dafa aapko
Phir beqarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
Kuch pyar mein baat aisi hai
Mmm.. hmm..
Phir beqarari kaisi hai
Mmm.. hmm..
Kuch pyar mein baat aisi hai…

Rey's heart would explode if Taani tortures him anymore. He felt something heavy on him. Pain. His heart wasn't listening. He craved for her. His eyes wouldn't leave her. And his love for her did all the unexpected things.

******

"Rey… mujhe tumse kuch baat karna hai…" Swayam excused Kriya and Rey's dance. Swayam had to talk to him. Or else the situation would worsen. Kriya reluctantly left Rey and went back to join Wahi who stood alone drinking coke at the table.

"Kya hai, Swayam?" Rey was unsure of his emergency. He was also bit irritated for pulling him out as he was catching glimpses of Taani.

"What the hell are you doing, Rey?" Swayam crossed his hands across his chest.

"Ab meine Kya Kiya" Rey looked at him in surprise.

"Rey… tum Kriya ke saath…." Swayam struggled to finish the sentence.