Chapter 60

"wow" Karan exclaimed as Surbhi hauled him to the patio. The colorful lights were garlanded across the outdoor. Surbhi locked his hand and pulled toward the small table upon which a strawberry cake was decorated with red cherries. Wahi and Kriya were waiting for them, already. Rithwik ran behind them who was videoing them all the way.

"Ab tu bas karega…" Karan shied at the constant glare of lens on him. He wasn't camera prone, generally. "Are… tu jaane ke baad… mujhe ye photos aur videos hi rahega…" Surbhi chided. "Tu aisa bol rahi hai ki jaisa mein hamesha hamesha ke liye jaa Raha hun…" Karan teased her. "Stop it, Karan" Surbhi snapped at him. She didn't like him saying it. People often ignored humour. But at times, the blurt out words spared a life. And there was always a chance of manifesting the thoughts and words spoken by one. Hence, one should be careful enough about words. WORDS HAVE THE POWER TO EITHER BREAK OR BUILD.

"Okay… okay… tu abi gussa mat ho…" Karan hugged her. She sighed realising he was jesting yet something unpleasant tugged her back. "Thank you…" he kissed her forehead and turned to Kriya, Wahi and Rithwik who finally joined them. "Thank you to all of you…" He still hugged Surbhi on one side.

"Chup Kar…" Kriya and Rithwik said simultaneously. Both glanced at each other at the similarity. Kriya shrugged her eyes as Rithwik's gaze bore into her. Both hadn't spoke a word with each other after Kriya confessing to him. To be precise, both avoided to confront each other about it. Surbhi's lips broke into a knowing smile while Wahi looked in between both Kriya and Rithwik who started behaving weirdly around each other. They weren't even bickering at each other which they usually did. Probably he thought it was because of the showdown with Taani. Obviously he and Rithwik weren't still in terms with Surbhi and Kriya for scapegoating Taani.

"Toh Chalo... Ye ek raat rahoge tum humare saath… Cake toh atleast katate hai..." Surbhi lit the candle on cake. It was just a small send off party for him. He was going back to London, the next morning flight. Probably he may not even visit them until all of them returned back as well, knowing he was going to handle his father's buisness.

Karan blew the candle and cut the cake as Rithwik sung a beautiful song for him. They were all going to miss him like anything. They always had been together and it would take a toll to be departed from him for so long. They all just wanted to have this moment with him before he was bid adieu for certain period. The party went on as five of them danced, drunk and enjoyed. Surbhi and Karan grooved while Wahi heaved both Rithwik and Kriya to move their hips. But both of them landed dashing on each other at every step as Wahi did some sleezy breakdance. Rithwik and Kriya's heart raced each moment they touched or their bodies grazed accidentally. Kriya had this electrifying effect of Rithwik on him. But Rithwik… who was as confused as a chameleon about his feelings… felt the buzz of pleasant collywobbles dropping down the gut of his stomach. He was unable to understand the kind of emotions starting to surround him. This was different. So unlike of anything he felt for anyone till now. It wasn't the similar balls which he always experienced around Su. This was… He just didn't know what it was…

After half an hour of continuous celebrations, Karan excused to attend an important call. Surbhi jogged towards Wahi, Rithwik and Kriya.

"Thank you, Guys… Itni Kam time mein ye sab plan karne ke liye… Tum logon ke Bina... Mein ya Kriya Kya karenge…" Surbhi expressed her gratitude for making all the arrangements so special for Karan's last night in India.

"Humare Bina tum dono bahut kuch Kar sakte ho…" It was Wahi who taunted. And that tone made Surbhi shut her mouth. "Meine sahi bola na?" He questioned her and turned to Kriya who was already lowering her eyes.

"Karan ko pata hai Kya?" Rithwik asked Surbhi purposefully. He knew very well that Karan would have blasted if he had known the injustice happened with Taani. He would have gone frenzied if known Surbhi and Kriya were part of the reason to throw Taani into a suspension for week from the college.