Chapter 76

Tears exploded as Swayam sat helplessly in the lone corner of the hospital. Surbhi landed beside him with a brewing mug of coffee. She observed him before intervening. He looked pale & his face was wet with fresh tears. She saddened at him. All these days, she had been with him mostly. After Karan went abroad, there was a lack of emotional support at certain times. She truly missed Karan. And that was the same time, where she found a new friend in him. She had Rithwik, Wahi, Kriya, Taani & all gang. But morally, her true fears were only understood by him. It’s just like someone new entering her life. He had been with her through this alone phase of her.

She had seen him being love sick puppy who would trade the universe for Sharon. Alas! Only if Sharon understood him. He definitely deserved better. There wasn’t a single conversation where he wouldn’t talk about Sharon. He literally worshipped her. And the saddest thing is his feelings being made fun of. Yet he’s here. For her. Shedding pearl of tear drops seeing her on a hospital bed.

“Swayam…” she placed a hand on his shoulder, letting him to crane his head at her. Instant made her to wipe his tears, where she herself belched at the twisting emotions inside her. “She’s isn’t even letting me to meet her” He abruptly hugged her placing his chin on her shoulder. She couldn’t breathe. There was something happening with her at that exact moment. She was unable to comprehend the feeling. But all her conscience wanted is to soothe him & his pain away. “Shh… Swayam… It’s okay.” She patted his back. “Sharon will be alright” she let him calm down. There was something happening amidst them, unknown. Their emotions were tangling together. As a friend, her care and affection towards him ascended beyond platonic. But she chastised those feelings back, locking it in a safe cerebral.

Swayam suddenly realised that he was being an emotional fool. He broke the hug, as his eyes captured her comforting smile. “Sorry” he murmured composing himself. He looked everywhere but her. She had grown on him in the recent days. He was kind of attached to her more than he allowed himself with any women except Sharon, which can’t even be compared. Yet this closeness nerved him. She was just a friend.

“Coffee” Surbhi handed him the mug, to make the atmosphere less awkward. It wasn’t anything to do with Swayam, but with herself alone. “Thank you” he smiled, staring at the mug. “Coffe peene ke liye leke ayi hun… na ki ghur ne ke liye…” she mocked slightly. His lips tipped up, as he took a sip out of it. He then looked at her as if asking, “Is this okay?” She smiled, blinking at him.

All these while, Rey who came to check upon Swayam, stood motionless watching two of them. It felt outright invading but he couldn’t himself slip back. There was a calmness between both. Swayam looked peaceful though his emotions were haywire for Sharon. Probably, he also saw something flickering between them. Maybe his judgement wasn’t too good. But he could only be amazed at how easily Swayam let his guard open for surbhi. There were many haunting things for him to dwell upon and he wished this wouldn’t be one as well. His friends were nagging at the loss, which he himself was. But that didn’t lessen his dejection. Years of hard work to fulfil their passion has went in vain. Also, he was pissed at Taani for backing up Zain. Moreover, she didn’t even try to come up to him when he left all miffed over her. And Sharon… She had the audacity to refrain from meeting him or anyone else to be precise. He just left the place fearing he would combust at one more new problem heading upon.
**

It was mid-night when Sharon tossed sides in her bed, deprived of sleep. The night of SDC haunted her, like never before irrespective of her eyes open. The guilt was unnerving. Silent tears struck her eyes. She didn’t let them spill, afraid of bursting into a tear bomb. She was at Harshad’s place. She didn’t wanted to go back to the dormitories after all the drama happened over there. She had requested Taani to take far away from the place.