Chapter 21

Ranvijay Singhania and Manini Singhania were on time to the party. Rey and Swayam rushed towards them.

"Hum zyada late toh nahi haina?" Ranvijay looked at the surroundings.

"Nahi, uncle… papa abi aye hai… You are on time…" Swayam smiled. "And thank you for making here at such a short notice… I'm so happy to have you both here."

Rey withheld his laugh at Swayam's formality. His parents were very chill, actually. But Swayam was going on.

"It's our pleasure, beta… we are glad to be here. Bahut din go Gaye te Rishi ji se milke." Manini said.

"Yeah… It's been very long… hum mile hi nahi unse… isiliye toh hum fat se aa Gaye when Rupali ji called us." Ranvijay informed. "waise… bolna hai toh, I'm not surprised to see you two being the best buddies… Shekawats aur Singhanias ka bahut purana rishta hai."

"Of course, dad..  aap Sach bol rahe ho..." Rey looked at Swayam as he stared back. Probably, his dad was absolutely right.

******

"Rishi..." Ranvijay pulled Rishi into a hug "Janamdin Mubarak Mera dost…" he patted on his back."

Rishi looked surprised at seeing his old colleague come friend. It had been years the last time they met in one of the business meeting at New york. He was too dumbfounded to react.

"Ranvijay?" He was shell shocked but was thrilled to meet him. "Tum yaha?"

Ranvijay put his hands up, narrowing his gaze at Rupali who stood beside Rishi. "Ye sab apka wife ka Kamal hai, Rishi. Unhone Kal subah phone karke bola Hume..." Rishi clarified. "Toh hum chale aye…" Manini completed her husband's sentence.

Rishi was glad to see both of them being there for his birthday. He usually didn't liked these kind of big birthday parties but this year it was different. His son and daughter had been stubborn enough to make it possible. He had been a very sour father to Swayam in the past and it was his chance to let the world know his son meant a world to him. Also, the surprising thing was his wife had been a actor among these all. She had literally managed to pull out the list of all his old colleagues and friends. It was like a get together. He was delighted that it happened.

"Haapy birthday, Rishi ji…" Rupali wished him. "Thank you" Rishi shook her hand. He was fond of Ranvijay and Manini equally. Manini accompanied Ranvijay at various business occasions. And her business skills were top notch. Though he was a old school person in letting women study or work, he understood world didn't operate the same anymore. His wife had made him realise about it. The day she confronted her sacrifice  for him and children amidst of one of their casual fight, it was the beginning of his realisation. That's when he let Taani to travel Mumbai for her further studies. He did love Taani too much that he feared sending her far away from them which didn't sit well with him. But Rupali fought with him, at the end of the day making him understand how important it was for him to let her fly alone.

"Kya hai, bahiyya… Aap log sirf happy birthday se kaam Chala rahe ho… gift toh nahi laye ho?" Rupali teased them. Swayam's eyes went wide at his mother's straight forwardness. He looked more embarrassed. Ranvijay and Manini chuckled knowing her antics very well. Rishi joined in the fun too.

"Waise… gift toh nahi… lekin ek surprise toh hum de hi sakte hai…" Manini called out to his son.

As Rey trotted towards them from his gang, Rishi looked at Swayam.

"Meet mera eklauta beta, Reyaansh Singhania… Apke bete ka best friend jo Hume bi Kal hi pata Chala" Manini locked her hands with Rey.

Rey looked sheepish as the surprise or shock factor sunk in. Rishi had met Rey ample of times but he never knew Rey being a Singhania. Actually, the son of Ranvijay and Manini Singhania.