Chapter 58

Taani was stunned to even speak. Wahi and Rithwik's head flapped at the authorities in whammy.   They had no idea what was happening.

"Sir… You probably have mistaken." Taani laughed slightly. "Mein aisa kyun karungi?"

"Tumne aisa kyun Kiya..  we have no idea. But we have proof, Taani." One of the authority person switched on the projector, showing a mail sent by GS mail to the NDC entries.

Taani's eyes widened. Wahi and Rithwik looked at each other, before landing on Taani's back. They knew Taani always followed rules and she would have never done something against the authorities knowing very well that the issue was very serious.

"Yes, Taani? Would you like to explain about this?" One of the other management person questioned her.

Taani's mind whirled. She had a hunch about the people who were behind this not so little stunt. But... Then again, she couldn't be sure. Because atleast now between her and the gang was good that she doubted her own thoughts that they probably wouldn't have done it. Then again, if not them… No one had interest in this mouse and cat hunt.

"Tum bol rahe ho… ye tumne nahi Kiya hai… Toh aur kaun Kiya hoga? Aur Taani… jab humare samne hi Sach dik Raha hai toh… why would you even lie?" One of the third person in the authorities team examined her.

Taani's eyes blast at them. She had no part in it and still people were blaming her. They weren't even letting her to defend herself. They were just hell bent nosing everything on her with the proof they had.

Rey clenched his teeth in anger at the way authorities enquired her. He and whole gang were watching everything from the outside window. Gang were passing a disturbed looks at each other. Swayam's muscles tightened at her sister's fate. This is what he feared from the moment Rey had suggested the idea. Surbhi felt helpless at Taani's condition.

"Pehli baat…" Wahi flared, surprising everyone. "Taani jhoot nahi bol rahi hai." Everyone watched him in amusement.

"Yes, sir. There must be something wrong here..." Rithwik who was quite till now, supported his friend. He would never doubt Taani doing it. Even if she had did it, he would have always supported her against the world. But for once, he knew well about her to be confident that she hadn't done it.

"Tum logonka bolne see... Humare samne Jo Sach hai… wo badal nahi jayega…" one of the silent spectator of authorities spoke.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you, sir" Taani intervened. "But mein puchna chahti hun... ye mail kitne baje mein beji hun… uska time Zara aap zoom Kar sakte ho Kya?"

The authority person who was operating projector watched her curiously. Without a word, he did what was asked for. Taani's heart calmed down a bit.

"Exactly note the timings, sir" Wahi smiled. "Exactly us waqt hum teeno VP sir ke cabin mein te… We were there for half n hour in his cabin discussing about the orientation classes for freshers and upcoming cultural programs…"

Gang caught off guard at the decipher of their deeds. Rey was as always ready to face anything.

Everyone gazed at VP and he nodded. "Yes… Wahi is speaking the truth…"

"Who knows? Taani may have set the timer so that she can easily escape if such situations aroused" the fifth authority person who hadn't spoken a word, suggested. All the other authorities agreed.

Taani, Wahi and Rithwik looked aghast at them. Seriously? Were they going to blame her even after the evidence.

Rey's anguish ascended. He never wanted to put Taani in this situation. But unfortunately it was his idea that had landed her as an accuser. If it was going to go down to this, he wouldn't let her suffer because of him and his team. He stepped forward towards the team only to be tugged back by Sharon. "Ye tum Kya Kar rahe ho, Rey?"