Chapter 15

Rey paced left and right in the fire exit. He was waiting to talk to Taani. To thank her. And to apologize. And also, he had something to tell her about. Or to ask her suggestions about it. He had called her and asked her to meet him up at fire exit if she was free. And she had agreed.

There were series of thoughts running in his mind. And the door of the fire exit suddenly opened. Taani fidgeted as she watched him. There were so many memories connected to this place and everything played out in their heads, like a finger snap. Rey couldn't take his eyes off her. She wore peach colored sleevless silk chiffon dress with an intricate details of black on it. Her fashion sense was developing like crazy whenever he spotted her. She had a bucket bag grazed on her back. Taani closed the door and descended the steps halting in front of him. He was still watching her with a sense of admiration, forgetting everything for a minute.

"Hi…" She waved him slightly, passing him a smile. "Hey… thanks for coming" he smiled at her, holding his hands across his waist. As the seconds went in silence, both of them wriggled avoiding to look at each other when the other stared.

"Aap mujhse kuch baat karna chahte the, Rey?" Finally, Taani broke the silence. It was getting uncomfortable. They were a couple for god sake. Rey got back into the form. He had something important to speak to her. "First of all, Thank you for everything, Taani. Tumne Sharon ke liye Jo bi Kiya hai…"

"Rey…" Taani stopped him. "Sharon, Mera bi kuch lagti hai… ha maybe hum dono ke beech itna rapport nahi hai… but I respect her. Aur ye Jo bi meine Kiya hai… wo sirf meine nahi Kiya... Wahi ne ismein mujhe help Kiya ta… aur mein jaanti hun Rey… Agar Sharon wo sab padti… unko bahut bura lagta…"

Rey knew the kindness of Taani. Still it always surprised him. And her acceptance of the credit to be reached out to Wahi just made him admire her even more. And he wouldn't forget Wahi's help. He would definitely thank the guy. He took a step towards her. She looked up at him. "And I'm so sorry, Taani…"

Taani stared him in confusion. "Aap sorry kyun bol rahe ho?"

"I just checked all the comments under the GS post against you…" he revealed.

Taani lowered her head. She didn't need his sympathy now. It was done and dusted long back. She had overcame it already. Him pitying her now just made her sad.

"Tumne mujhse kabhi is baare Mein share hi nahi Kiya... Kyun Taani… atleast mujhe nahi toh Swayam ko tak nahi bataya tune" Rey wanted an answer so badly for this question. What had stopped her from coming to him?

"Aapko yaad hai Rey.… Jab mein Meri kone mein baitke akele ro rahi ti… Tab aap aye te mere paas…wo bi Meri Bhai ke bulane par…" Taani laughed sarcastically. Rey looked at her having no idea what she was trying to say but yes he remembered that day. Swayam had called him to come to Taani as she was breaking down.

"Tab mein isiliye ro rahi ti… wo saara comments padke… mein bahut low feel Kar rahi ti… lekin aap ne nahi pucha mujhse ki kyun Mein ro rahi hun… aur Mera bhai ne bi nahi pucha… ki kaunsi wajah hogi ki mein itna ro rahi ti us din…" she looked at him. He stared her in blank. "Kyunki… aap apni best friend Sharon ka fikar Kar rahe the... Aur apne friends mein ulje hue te… aur Mera bhai… Mera Bhai ko toh uski Sharon se kabhi fursat milti toh… mujhe kuch puchte…" She reminscinced wishing she had someone to hold on to that day. Eventually, Rey came. Only to pacify her putting his name and hurt across to make her stop crying. None asked her what went wrong, atleast even after a day or next.

Rey stood smacked at her answer. She didn't shout at him. She didn't complain. She just explained. And it took lot of in her to not sue him. But she had been polite. The guilt of his poor investment in the relationship just shamed him.