Chapter 17

"Tumhara muh kyun itna utra hua hai?" Rithwik scrutinized Kriya as she joined them at the parking. Karan, Wahi and Surbhi looked at her. Kriya who was sullen at the fact Rey abandoned her, smiled hoping it lessened their suspicion. Rithwik may not say it louder… but he was a good observer. He would call out her pretence at the slightest.

"Mein aur utra hua? Tu… na apne aake teek Karlo…" She punched him on the arm. Wahi, Karan and Surbhi laughed. But Rithwik didn't. He knew very well about her to not fall to her facade. She looked upset. Her mouth chuckled but eyes gave away. But he didn't persuade the issue. He locked his hand on her neck "Jo tum bolo… memsaab" Laughter enlarged between them. Year back, Kriya had set of friends who went certain ways to have her back. But to this night, things were drastically changed. But she was fortunate enough to have these people around her. They always inspired her. Motivated her. And cared for her. She would have been in serious damage if she hadn't met these bunch a year back. They had been her backbone after her mother's demise. She too joined the fun banters ascended between Wahi and Rithwik, forgetting Rey and others in that moment.

******

Juhu Chowpatti at Mumbai was less hustled in the night. There were lots of people around but it was comparitevly less to the day mobs. Many people including children, elderly, youngsters and couples enjoyed the evening snacks at snack stalls. Few of the young men and women parried at the end with cocktails and mocktails. And several others… families, couples, friends sprawled on the shore.

Taani sat at the lone area watching people around her. She always loved being around sea...water… The water in the beach glittered against the city lights. Blue… black… or plain… water just took the shadow of surroundings.

"Taani…" Rey stood above her, watching her brown hair flowing in the breeze. She still was in the same dress which she had wore for college. Her eyes twinkled as she looked at him. Rey's heart skipped a beat at her smile.

When Taani sent him the address to Juhu beach, he laughed at himself. He was confused. But he looked happy that she wanted him with her. He always wanted to have date nights with her. Which got pretty messed up due to their busy schedules. But her waiting for his arrival made his heart flutter. He enjoyed it. He liked her taking steps towards him.

"Baito na Rey" she patted the soiled ground beside her. "So?" He smirked taking the place she pointed at. "Is this a date night?"

Taani's blush went off the rose. Actually, she had invited Rey to join her for a reason. But when he looked at her with those intense eyes pointing her the obvious, she was full of the joys of spring "aisa hi kuch…"

"Kya tum mujhe itna miss Kar rahi ti?" Rey rose his eyebrows at her.

"Itna bi Hawa mein udo mat aap" she teased.

"Now you are being a tease…" he pinched the bridge of her nose. She scrunched her face, thwarting his hand.

"lekin Taani. Itni raat ho Gaya hai… Swayam ko batayi hai na tu…" Rey was equally worried.

"Aap itna socho mat, Rey. Mein Bhai ko boli hun…" She had revealed the truth to Swayam already. He would know, she will be late. He had asked her to call him after the office hours, so that he'll pick her up. But she had denied for the night saying she would come by herself and he should rest as he was already stressed about his dance team at the college. Swayam had insisted that he was okay and he would come. But she had defied him as she had some important work to finish and she would take a lift back to home by office vehicle as the transportation services were provided.

"Sacchi? Sacchi tune Swayam se bola ki tu mujhse Milne aa rahi hai… wo bi is waqt…" Rey was dumbfound as he know Swayam would rip him apart with those posessive pupils before agreeing to as such. Who said Swayam was okay with Taani dating? Ask him.