Chapter 10

"Kya bola tum log? Ye Ghar Taani ka nahi hai" Swayam's face flushed with newborn anger. He was deeply hurt at his friend's behavior. He had been always quiet when they insulted his sister in the past. But this was the worst. They were sitting in her own house and yet they had the audacity to demean her.

"Mein bahut koshish Kar Raha hun… calm rehne ka" His face was inches away from Vicky and Nil. "Ye Ghar par Taani ka utna hi hak hai jitna Mera... She's my damn sister, for your information" his screams were louder. There was an hushed silence. "And I don't keep quiet if you speak a word against her."

"Swayam…." Vicky had some other plans instead of keeping quiet. "Tu itna kyun badak Raha hai... Aaj Tak toh tum kabhi Taani ke liye itna react nahi Kiya... Aaj achanak… tum hum sab par badak Raha hai"

"Vicky" Sharon shouted on him. He was crossing the line definitely. Rey grit his teeth at the vile stubborn idiot friends of his.

"Lekin Vicky sahi toh Puch Raha hai na… Sharon… I mean… we all know… we all have seen… ki Swayam aur Taani itna close nahi hai… toh I don't understand why this reaction" Simmi looked confused because of her insecure dislike towards Taani. Swayam felt like someone respectfully slapped him. Whatever they spoke held some truth in it even if it wasn't the whole truth.

"Aisa aap log sochte ho… Jo Sach nahi hai…" Rey intervened unable to withhold. His face was contorted with fury. His friends need to realise one's personal space. They were no one to call out the distance between Swayam and Taani. Especially, when they blabbered nonsense. "Aap log kaun hote ho ki un dono ka relationship kaisa chal rahai uska certificate dene wale… Kya aap log 24 hrs Taani aur Swayam ka rishte ko hi dek rahe the... Kya.. ki aaplog itne confidently bol rahe hai ki… there are misunderstandings between them?" His yells echoed back.

Kriya's heart filled with pride looking at Rey. He was taking stand for his best friend and also for his best friend's sister, as always. She was proud of him. She always knew, Rey had been the most understanding person. But watching him going against his friends to support his other friend had took real guts.

"Shayad humne 24 hrs deka nahi hai, Rey... Lekin jitna bi deka hai… utne Mein we can clearly see. Taani Jo bi karti hai... Swayam ko pasand nahi aata ta… infact Swayam hamesha hamari taraf hoke uski behen se lada bi hai… hum ye nahi keh rahe hai ki… Swayam Taani ka care nahi karta hai… but truth is truth… we have never seen him defending her sister. And aur ab… all of a sudden.. he's like…."

"Are you serious, Nil?" Rey was incredulous at their thought process. "Can't you see it?" He never thought he would be the one explaining this. "Can't you see, Swayam ne apni behen ke against kyun Gaya ta?" Rey laughed out loud. "He favoured us, to save us… damnit… wo Banda apni behen ko naraz karke humko kush raka ta… He prioritised us to be happy over Taani and yet you are making him feel sick of his decisions… He supported us over Taani doesn't make his love for his sister is any less… Get that into your thick heads…"

"Koi deka hai usko… jab Taani aur mera fake rumours, college mein spread hua ta… koi deka hai ki wo kitna worried ta apni behen ke liye? Have you guys seen how worried he was when Shivam was all the time around his sister? Have you guys seen, jab bi aap log Taani ko kuch galat bolte, how uncomfortable and hurtful he looked? Not knowing whom to support. Bolo… aur kisine deka hai wo kitna gidgidake mujhse bolata ki uski behen ka Dil na dukane ke liye…. Nahi… aapmein see koi deka nahi hoga shayad…" Rey would say everything he wanted to tell them from long time.

"Aur shayad aap logone ye bi nahi deka hai ki ap logon ka baate Taani ko kitna hurt Kiya ta… baar baar usko non dancer, teacher bulatete aap log… and still that girl had nothing against you people. Infact usne hum sabka NDC jeetne ka madad ki… I would say sirf madad nahi… hum jeete NDC Taani ki wajahse… N still you dare to talk shit about her…."