Chapter 1 - Dream

I was sitting on a long leather sofa at the back of the dimly lit room

I was sitting on a long leather sofa at the back of the dimly lit room. The walls were covered in heavy burgundy-coloured drapes. Soft RnB music played in the background; intermittently interrupted by the sound of glasses tinking. In all corners of the room were various acquaintances and strangers, laughing and flirting with each other.

I wasn't enjoying myself. Lately, every night felt like a replay of the previous; as equally monotonous. Several women would try to strike up a conversation with me, but I wasn't interested. They were all the same - long black hair with brown eyes, wearing short dresses that showed off their slender legs. But no substance. I knew they only wanted me because of status or for their own vanity, so I ignored them.

As I scanned the room sipping on my drink, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

She was awkwardly standing in the doorway. Peaking into the room; deciding whether she wanted to go in or not. Her chestnut hair fell loosely around her heart-shaped face. It was mostly straight except for a single section that curled in front of her right eye. Her eyes sparkled in the dim light. Were they blue? I couldn't tell from this far. But I was intrigued.

Suddenly, my view was interrupted. A tall, brunette guy with broad shoulders stood in front of me. He was talking obnoxiously loud to another more slender brunette male.

"Taehyung are we leaving? I haven't had enough to drink yet" slurred the broad-shouldered guy.

"Jungkook, we've only been here for an hour. How can you be this drunk already?" Said Taehyung annoyed. "You only had a few at mine before we left."

"I know, but you gotta live" said Jungkook half-shouting.

"Hey! MOVE!" I yelled at them. Gesturing them away with my hand. But it was too late. She was gone.

I quickly got up and rushed over to the doorway where she had been. But there was no sign of her. Except for the lingering scent of something sweet and floral. The smell was enticing and it made me inhale deeply.

"Hey, what are you doing?" asked Taehyung, casually walking over to me. He had an aura about him and the way he moved was like silk. He had a naturally handsome face, with curious eyes and a boxy smile.

"Oh. Ahh nothing. I just thought I smelt something but I must have been mistaken". I lied.

"I smell something. It's niceee" said Jungkook smiling like an idiot. Up close Jungkook was actually quite attractive. His smile made his eyes crinkle and his teeth stood out; kind of like a bunny rabbit.

Taehyung hit him on the chest with a hard thud. "Shut up Jungkook! I'm taking you home."

I watched Taehyung struggling to pull Jungkook down the hallway. He was tripping over his own feet and falling into the walls. He was definitely drunk. Looks like Taehyung would have fun looking after that mess later. I guess I may as well go home too.

As I was walking home, all I could think about was the woman I had seen earlier. I'd never seen her before. She was different... delicate. She wasn't there to impress anyone and she definitely wasn't like those other women. I wonder if  I'll ever see her again.

When I pushed open the front door to see the darkness inside, I sighed. I guess this will be my life. Alone.

~

I showered and laid down on the cold bed. I closed my eyes and tried to picture her face but it was distorted. Maybe she will only be a dream to me now. I felt sleep drift over me.

{Aurthor's note: This was an introduction chapter so keep reading}