Chapter 5 - Mixed emotion

Jungkook

Jungkook

I woke to Tae's arms wrapped around me and his leg laying lazily across my hip. His resting face was only inches from mine; angelic. A section of his hair floated up and down with each breath. I wanted to lay there forever soaking it in. But I'm afraid. Does he feel the same way?

I didn't want to move him but my bladder was bursting. I slowly inched myself out from under him. He stirred but remained asleep. I crept to the bathroom and quietly shut the door behind.

Just as I flushed, Tae barged in. "Morning" he said nonchalantly. It's like nothing happened. I watched him walk over to the mirror and fix his hair. He didn't make eye contact and I suddenly felt like a fool. He doesn't care.

Taehyung

I could sense Kookie's disappointment. His head dropped and he left the bathroom in silence. As I stood there collecting my thoughts, I heard Kookie yell out "I'm going for a walk. Lock the door on your way out." Then the front door slammed shut.

Jungkook

I didn't know where I was going but my pace increased from a shuffle to a soft jog, and before I knew it I was sprinting down the road. I'm such an idiot. How could you think he actually loved you?! I was so distracted by my internal monologue that I didn't see a woman step out onto the path in front of me. In an instant, I knocked her down and she landed hard against the concrete.

"Oh god, I'm sorry! Are you hurt?" I blurted out. She grabbed at her knee absently; there was a fresh bruise forming. Along her arm and cheek were several grazes but they were luckily only superficial.

"Can you stand?" I asked trying to pull her upright. She managed to stand but her leg quickly collapsed. I tried to offer my assistance but she politely refused. I watched her attempt a few more times; unsuccessfully. So I grabbed her waist and supported her against my body. She looked up shocked.

It's her!!

Ara

I suddenly forgot everything. I forgot about the pain. I forgot what I was doing. I forgot who I was. He's mesmerising.

His puppy-dog eyes filled my heart with instant happiness. As he smiled widely, I felt my own self smiling; it was infectious. I noticed there was a small freckle below his bottom lip and I felt tempted to touch it.

Jungkook

She was even more beautiful up close. Her skin was smooth and smelt of vanilla and roses. She let out a little giggle and my heart started fluttering. She's so precious.

I don't know what came over me but I leant down and kissed her, without hesitation.

Ara