Chapter 6 - Shy

Jungkook

Jungkook

I sat staring at the ❤ trying to understand what she meant by it. Does she like me or does she do that with everyone? Did she do it on Taehyung's phone too?

My mind was running a million miles an hour. I could feel myself growing increasingly nervous because I knew I would eventually contact her. But what do I say?  We kissed already so do I skip past the pleasantries or do I pretend it never happened?

The last thought made my heart shudder. I had only spent that short moment with her but somehow I felt connected to her, and it scared me.

I sat there for another 10 minutes deciding what to do before I bit my lip and went for it.

Jungkook...typing: Hi Ara, I don't know if you remember me from earlier, it's Jungkook. I just wanted to apologise for what happened with Taehyung...and for kissing you without your permission.

I let out a sigh and started deleting the text back. I felt embarrassed and deflated.

Once I had re-written the same message a few times, my finger lingered over the send button; hesitating. As I watched the sending symbol,  I felt the strong urge to immediately pull the message back out of the air.

Message sent and delivered. Too late.

I quickly dropped my phone on my bed and rushed out of the room. Trying to find anything I could to distract myself from what I had just done. She probably gave me a fake number.

Ara

I sat down to eat some dinner in front of the television. The small room was painted cream with subtle splashes of pink in the decor. A string of fairy lights hung along the edge of the ceiling, with a large fluffy white rug in front of the television and several rainbow-themed vases filled with various florals dotted around the room. It wasn't much but I tried my best to make it feel like home.

Just as I went to pick up my chopsticks, my phone dinged from across the room. My mind began to panic.

Unknown (6.14pm): Hi Ara, I don't know if you remember me from earlier, it's Jungkook. I just wanted to apologise for everything today.

Everything? Did he regret kissing me?

As I stood there looking at my phone, I couldn't help but feel a little letdown. I guess he doesn't like me then.

I put my phone down and walked back to my food. I slumped down on the floor and started aimlessly shoveling the food into my mouth; not even taking notice of the taste. 

~

I woke up to the sunlight raising through the blinds. Morning? I must have fallen asleep whilst watching the television because the sound was still blaring in my ears. I turned it off, then looked over to the bench where I had left my phone; instantly reminded of the message I received last night. With a grumble, I stood up and walked over to it.