Chapter 44 - Finally

Jungkook

Jungkook

When Tae and Jimin returned from their walk, something seemed different between the two of them; they seemed closer. Jimin had a massive smile on his face and he was intertwining his fingers in and out of Tae's hand, and Tae was looking at him with lovey-dovey eyes; giggling at everything he said and did. Ara had noticed too. She pulled closer to me and I naturally wrapped my arm around her shoulders. "Do they look different to you?" She whispered in my ear. I hummed and pecked a kiss on her forehead.

Just as we were sitting down at the table, Tae slipped his hand under Jimin's bum and squeezed it, then quickly looked away pretending nothing out of the ordinary had just happened. Jimin just playfully hit his chest and giggled. This is weird.

Watching them eat was also a bit disturbing. I had never seen either of them so attentive unless it involved Ara. Jimin was feeding bits of his food to Tae and Tae was cutting up Jimin's steak for him. My curiosity got the better of me; "Hey, what's up with you two?... You left hardly speaking and now you're all over each other?" They both stopped mid-chew and looked at each other; giggling hysterically. Seriously, it's like eating with a bunch of pre-schoolers.

"Well, I decided I needed to focus more on my other relationships...specifically Taehyungie and I... So tonight...well you can guess...what I'm going to do..." Ara suddenly choked on a green bean; becoming a spluttering mess. I quickly hit her back and she regained her composure shortly after. "Should we leave?" Ara asked Jimin; obviously not wanting to gate crash their moment. He just laughed; "No it's okay Ara... we'll make sure we're quiet... It's not going to be like that." She nodded nervously and started slurping on her drink.

"Ara...I understand you're feeling awkward about all of this...so if you want us to go somewhere else then I can arrange that," Tae said reassuringly. I just looked at them gobsmacked. "So how come you ruin my moment with Ara this morning and now you're talking about having sex in my bed?" I suddenly blurted out. They all looked at me shocked. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have got so intense just now.

"Jungkookie...we aren't doing this to upset you... I apologise for this morning...it wasn't fair on either of you... But what Taehyungie and I want to do tonight, is something we have both waited a long time for...and hopefully afterward, we will become even better boyfriends to each other...and to the both of you," Jimin responded. Ara nodded understandingly and grasped Jimin and Tae's hands on top of the table. I was just still shocked by how sudden this was all developing.

"Kookie?... Is that okay?" Tae asked, trying to make eye contact with me. I pursed my lips and nodded. Although, a part of me felt like Jimin would definitely move on with Tae...and possibly forget all about me. My response satisfied them though, as they resumed eating and I continued to quietly chomp on a piece of grilled pork.

~

When we finished lunch, Jimin offered to do the dishes and told everyone to go enjoy themselves. Tae and Ara linked arms and skipped over to the television; "You pick Princess," Tae said offering the remote to her. I just awkwardly looked over at Jimin, who was already busy scrubbing and stacking the dishes on the drying rack. I walked over and asked if I could help him. But he turned with a smile and said "No, it's okay Jungkookie...you go watch the movie, I'll be done in a minute."