Chapter 73 - Ice Ice Baby

Jimin

Jimin

"Hey Jungkookie, I'll take the bags and you go pay," I said starting to wheel the cases out of our hotel room. He smiled and nodded; "Sure Jimin-ah." I watched as he quickly skipped out of the room toward the Reception and his enthusiasm made me smile. My big energizer bunny.

The last three days had been great for us. Jungkook had stopped worrying about the proposal and for the first time in a while, I noticed he let his guard down completely. Even to the point that he let me publicly hug and kiss him when strangers were around. It was nice.

As I clicked the button to unlock the car, I heard him rushing toward me. "Here Jimin-ah let me do it," he said panting. "Jungkookie did you just throw the money at them so you could run here to help me?" I asked jokingly. He blushed and shoved me out of the way playfully. I chuckled but didn't argue; taking my seat on the passenger's side while he packed our cases in the boot.

"Soo...where to now?" He asked excitedly as he took his seat. It's the 13th. I know he's waiting. "Just home," I replied simply with a smile. However, his face dropped immediately, along with his whole body; "Oh...okay." Then he started the car and drove out of the car park.

~

It had been nearly 4 hours and his mood hadn't improved at all. In fact, the closer we got to home, the more his expression soured.

"Hey Jungkookie, I need to go to the toilet. Can you just take the next left? It says there is a one nearby," I asked. "Can't you just wait? We only have 20 minutes until we're home," he argued. I just looked at him sassily and he sighed; "Fine! Fine..."

When we pulled up, his expression shifted to confusion. "Wha- What are we doing here? I thought you said there was a toilet," he said looking out the front window. "There is...inside there," I said pointing to the building. He huffed and drove the car into the lot. "Alright, well hurry up," he said taking out his phone. "Jungkookie?... Maybe we could have a go...you know, for old time's sake," I said trying to sound convincing but unbothered at the same time. "Thought you needed the toilet?" He asked slightly suspicious. Play it cool. Play it cool. "Yeah, well I meant after that," I lied.

I didn't need to go to the toilet. It really was just a big rouse to get him here without causing too much suspicion...but he didn't need to know that.

"Fine," he huffed getting out of the car and walking past me inside. As I followed him, I saw Yoongi getting out of his car on the far side of the lot. He saw me and I pointed to my phone, putting up two fingers to indicate I would call him in two minutes. He nodded and got back into the front seat before I continued inside.

As Jungkook paid for our passes, I quickly scampered off to the toilets to call Yoongi. "Hey, he's actually really upset with me right now... Should I call it off?... Maybe the whole secretiveness was a bad idea..." I said disheartened. "No, he'll be fine. He's always been a big sook anyway... Like this time when-" he started saying before I cut him off. "Okay, well we're about to start, so maybe come inside in like 20 minutes?... That way he has time to cool off before I pop the question," I said seriously. "Yeah, no worries... Also, nice pun by the way... See you in 20," he said before hanging up. Pun? Oh...now I get it.