Chapter 11 - Truth

Ara

Ara

Jungkook and Jimin had been messaging me consistently; I just didn't have the heart to respond. But tomorrow was Friday - the day I was supposed to meet Jungkook for our ice skating date.

I needed to know how Tae felt before I decided anything.

Ara...typing: Hi Tae, I know last night got out of hand but I seriously need to talk to you about it. Please meet me tonight?!!

Message sent and delivered.

Taehyung

Ding!

Oh no. I'm not ready to talk to her yet...but she sounds desperate.

Typing...Message sent and delivered.

Ara

Tae🐻 (1.37pm): Oh hi Ara, I feel a bit awkward about this but I guess I want some clarification too. Meet at yours, say 6pm?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Message sent and delivered.

Taehyung

Ara (1.38pm): Thank you, thank you! See you at 6 🙂

~

Okay, here we go.

I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door. If she doesn't answer, I'm leaving. 10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...no answer...I'm leaving. I turned around and started to walk away.

"No, wait! Tae come back!" I heard Ara cry out.

I turned around to see her standing in the open doorway. She was wearing a baby blue t-shirt with a pair of light pink shorts. Her hair was up in a loose ponytail and she had a freshly cleaned face. She's perfect girlfriend material... Wait what am I thinking? Shut up Tae.

"Okay, okay. Keep your panties on. I'm here" I said with a cheeky smile. I pushed past her and walked over to the sofa; plonking myself down and stretching out like I owned the place.

She didn't seem to notice because she just kept thanking me for coming.

"Relax Ara, I'm here. Now, what do you want to talk about?"

"Okay. Now bear with me, I'm really nervous... Tomorrow I have my date with Jungkook; we're going ice skating.."

"Wait. What?! When did this happen?" I cut in.

"Oh, umm...he asked me Monday."

"Monday!! You knew this since Monday and never said anything?!" I felt worried for Jungkook. He doesn't take rejection very well, as evidenced by what happened between us. Actually, I didn't even reject him, and look what happened. "So what about Jimin then?"