Chapter 32 - Gift

Taehyung

Taehyung

"I was only joking Ara. You don't really have to shower with us," I said quietly in her ear; noticing the obvious tension.

Suddenly, she hit me on the chest with a hard thud. "Are you serious Tae?! I was literally about to have a shower with you three." Her whole face had turned red with anger.

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to upset you... To be honest, I would love it if you actually did want to have a shower with me, but I understand that it's inappropriate, so hence why I said it was a joke. I just didn't want you to feel pressured to go through with it."

"Why do you play with my feelings like this?" She asked, looking me dead in the eye. "I want to have a shower with you... Why do you think I wore such a sexy swimsuit? I was trying to impress you... But if all I am to you is a joke then...," she said edging away from me.

"Oh please, Ara, I didn't mean it! I take it back! I take it back!" I blurted out; grabbing her hands in mine and squeezing tightly.

"Ara, he's sorry. You know he doesn't think you're a joke. He loves you," Jimin said, sharing a look between the both of us.

"What do you mean he loves me?" She asked Jimin, then she turned to me, "What does he mean that you love me? Is that true?"

I could feel sweat forming on the palms of my hands, and I had to pull them away from her, so I could wipe them on my shorts.

"It's true... I do love you... From the first time we kissed, and everyday since then," I said without breaking eye contact.

For a minute, I waited for Ara to respond; her body frozen in place from the confession. Then she finally spoke, "I love you too Taehyung. Maybe even from the very first time I met you... I think it's time you opened my present." She went to collect the small bag and placed it carefully in my hands. Jimin and Jungkook were all eyes; wondering what she could possibly have given me as a gift.

When I opened the bag, I saw a single item inside...something small and shiny. As I started pulling it out, I realised what it was.

"What? Are you sure Ara?" I said; eyes wide and searching.

She leant in and kissed me openly on the lips; whispering "I'm sure".

"What is it?! What did she give you?!" Jungkook screeched. Jimin had to put his hands on his chest and pull his view away from my face, as he was becoming hysterical.

"Jungkook, it's only for him to know. Please respect our privacy," she spoke stearnly.

Jungkook looked instantly hurt. "You don't love me do you? You only love him, don't you?" He blubbered, tears invading his eyes.

"Please, let's not ruin Tae's birthday."

"No it's okay. I want to know too," I spoke; my own curiosity from the last 6 weeks finally reaching breaking point. Will we be together? I hoped and prayed she would accept us all. I didn't want to see either of them rejected or broken.