Chapter 39 - Arrived

Ara

Ara

"Yah! Stop daydreaming and get back to work!" My boss yelled. I imagined walking up to him and punching him square in the face, but instead, I bowed and returned to cleaning the benches. I hate this. It had only been 3 hours and I was ready to just rip my apron off and toss it on the ground out of protest. Why does he have to be so mean to me? I sighed and chucked the dirty cloth into the sink behind me, before turning around to refill the coffee beans. As I poured the contents into the top of the machine, I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. I peaked over the top of the machine and almost fell off the stool I was standing on.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" I asked quietly, trying not to draw attention from my boss. He noticed my secretiveness and looked around; checking to see if someone was listening in on our conversation. "Well...I missed you...and I wanted to see my girlfriend..." He said with a shy smile. His words made me giggle and I hid my face briefly; attempting to cover the blush that had tinted my cheeks.

"Oh Ara, you're so cute. I wish I could take you home right now," he gushed. "What about later?" I blurted out. His eyes widened and a smile shot across his face; "Really?... I'd love that!... I have so many things to show you," he exclaimed. I watched as he bounced on his heels and clapped his hands excitedly. My big bunny.

"Yes! I finish at 4 today, so pick me up at 5 from mine?" I asked. He moved to the side furthest from my boss and gestured me to come down. When I had my feet on the ground, he curled a finger at me; indicating for me to lean closer. As I did, he planted a chase kiss on my lips. "I can't wait...Beautiful," he whispered. Then he turned around and walked out of the shop; his step with a slight skip. I can't wait either.

~

I looked at the time. Finally. I chucked my apron into my locker and snatched up my bag, before heading to the front door; swiftly locking it behind me.

By the time I got home, I was already jittery. I had spent the entire drive thinking about Jungkook and what I should wear. Oh gosh, I'm so excited. I quickly parked the car and rushed inside; flinging my clothes off in the doorway before running upstairs to the bathroom.

I scrubbed myself frantically in the shower. What if he wants to DO it tonight. I should wear my good underwear... wait! My good underwear is in the wash basket... Oh god! Do I risk it with my granny undies? I groaned and turned the water off; rushing to dry my body with my fluffy pink towel.

I bounded into my bedroom and began searching for anything I could salvage enough to wear. Damn, they're all massive. He'll take one look at me and laugh. I didn't waste any more time on it. Instead, I found my prettiest bra and a simple lilac-coloured shift dress that stopped just above my knees and put them both on. Hopefully, it's not obvious.