Chapter 71 - Ouch

Jungkook

Jungkook

"Sh-She...Dae bak!... She...said..." Jimin said dramatically into his imaginary phone. He was telling us how he had proposed to Ara and how afterward he had called Tae crying so hard that Tae thought he was some crazy prank caller.

"Yeah and I literally thought 'This better not be Jin playing a sick prank on me'. Like seriously, who forgets their phone but has the guts to ask a complete stranger to use theirs while bawling their eyes out... The man probably thought Jiminie was having some sort of mental break down," Tae said mocking him with a soft punch to his chest. I watched as Jimin's eyes disappeared behind his chubby cheeks as he laughed at his own ridiculousness. All the while, Ara sat beside him with her hand on his thigh, giggling along amusedly.

"Then Taehyungie hung up on me!... And the guy just snatched his phone back and walked off looking over his shoulder at us... He definitely thought I was crazy," Jimin finished with a chuckle.

"But you did it Jiminie! You're engaged! Cheers!" Cried out Tae lifting his glass of champagne up in the air. We charged our glasses together haphazardly but I paused while they drank. I hope he still loves me. Then I pushed the thought from my mind as I gulped down of the sweet liquor and plonked my glass noisily on the table top.

"So when's Kookie's turn then Jiminie?" Asked Tae curiously. I quickly side-eyed Jimin and watched his reaction like a hawk. "Soon... I've already organised it," he said with certainty whilst rubbing my thigh. Soon? He slowly turned his head and looked at me with kind eyes: momentarily melting my worries away. "Don't worry Jungkookie... I haven't forgotten about you," he said pulling my hand up to his lips and placing a gentle kiss in my palm.

~

"Hey you good? You've been pretty quiet today Jungkookie," said Jimin as he sat down beside me on the sofa. Ara and Tae had offered to cook dinner and gone grocery shopping, whilst Jimin and I stayed behind.

"Hmmm? Oh yeah. Yeah, I'm fine... Just thinking..." I trailed off absently. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder. "Thinking about what?" He asked looking up at me with soft eyes. I felt my heart flutter as I stared back into his big brown orbs. "You...and me..." I said quietly.

He lifted his head with a worried expression on his face; "Do you not want to marry me anymore Jungkookie?" His lower lip started to quiver as his eyes began misting with a glassy exterior. No, don't cry. I felt my own eyes start to tear up as I watched him slowly fall apart. "Please don't take it back... I love you Jungkookie," he said shakily.

I could hear the heartbreak in his voice and I couldn't take it anymore. I quickly grabbed his face and smashed my lips on his; tears falling messily on our cheeks. He gasped for breath and I pulled him closer; my desperation peaking. "Please don't leave me Jimin-ah! I want you!... I need you!" I cried between strangled breaths.