Chapter 63 - Nabi

Ara

Ara

"Wait where did you say we were going?" I asked, sorting through the few remaining clothes in my closet. It was only four more days until we got the keys to our forever home, and I was more than excited about it. Most of my belongings had been packed away in a multitude of brown boxes, but I had left a few basic pieces of clothing in my closet, just in case.

"I didn't. Just wear something that makes you feel pretty," Tae called out from the living room. I took a purple pastel dress with small orange flowers from the closet and placed it in front of myself in the mirror. Mmm, I always liked this dress. But maybe it's not pretty enough. I went to put it back, but suddenly Tae was beside me, gripping my wrist gently. How on earth did he get there so stealthily? "No...it's nice. I think you'll look lovely," he cooed, smiling softly with his warm eyes. I blushed and nodded; watching as he left the room so I could change in private. Tae always had a way of making me feel beautiful. Whether it was with his sweet words or a perfectly placed hand; he always made me feel wanted. I quickly changed and looked at my reflection; smiling shyly. Mmmm, I do look pretty.

I left the bedroom and walked eagerly to the living room; anticipating Tae's reaction...and I wasn't disappointed. "Princess! You look simply stunning!" He gushed, getting up instantly to hug me. I nuzzled my face into his neck and inhaled his natural cologne, before kissing his skin softly. "Thank you Handsome," I replied pleasantly. He pulled back and I noticed his now glowing cheeks. Cutie. Something I grew to love about Tae was how he acted so confident and extroverted in public, but with me, he turned into a shy, cuddly teddy bear.

"You excited for our adventure?" He asked taking my hand in his, as we walked to the car. I smiled widely and nodded; skipping slightly at the thought. He looked down at my fairy-like feet and chuckled; "You are so adorable." I giggled and slapped his shoulder playfully, in an attempt at hiding the way my smile widened further at his words.

When we arrived, I looked at the unusual building in front of me with random recognition. It's not is it? "Welcome to the National Museum of Korea," said Tae grandly with his hands. I squealed in my seat and started bouncing up and down. My obvious reaction pleased Tae when a big boxy smile suddenly littered his face. "Seriously, this is amazing! I've always wanted to go," I said starry-eyed. His smile softened as he placed his hand on my thigh; "I know Princess."

His words hit home. He does know me, so well. The one thing that Tae mastered better than anyone was thoughtfulness. He was so attentive to all the little details that would otherwise go unnoticed. Like how I boil my water to 80 degrees Celcius so I don't burn my tea leaves, or how I only wear a specific type of French perfume. And I knew that this adventure was another one of those random things he had noticed and filed in the back of his brain for later.

"Come on Princess! We have a lot to see!" He suddenly said, interrupting my thoughts. I smiled excitedly and exited the car, quickly taking his hand in mine. As we walked inside, I ahhhh'd at how spacious it was. "Wahhh, it's so big," I exclaimed; my voice echoing loudly around the expansive room. I immediately covered my mouth and turned into Tae's chest, trying to hide my shy expression as a few faces turned toward us. "It's her first time," he spoke amusedly to them, before pulling me away in the opposite direction.