Chapter 67 - Symbol

Jungkook

Jungkook

"Hey, are you okay Kookie?" Tae asked, flicking his finger under my chin to try and pull me back to reality. I felt frozen. Like everything had suddenly come to a screeching halt. Am I ready to be a father? Tae leaned forward and kissed my lips softly; "Kookie, look at me."

I turned my head and stared into his eyes. "I'm worried about you Kook...I have never seen you this shut off before... Will you tell me what you're thinking?" He asked quietly. I blinked a few times and opened my mouth to speak but quickly shut it again. What if he gets angry at me?... Am I selfish for wanting to wait? "Please tell me. I can't stand seeing you suffer alone like this," he urged. I took a deep breath in and exhaled it shakily. "Promise you won't be mad...or upset when I say this?" I asked timidly. He nodded with a gentle smile; "Of course, I won't...just tell me."

I could feel my heart thumping erratically in my chest. Don't hate me. Don't hate me. "I don't know if I'm ready to be a father yet...I'm scared that I won't be able to give Ara the support she needs...and I'm absolutely petrified that I will disappoint you all, by being a crappy dad," I said dejectedly; dropping my head down to hide my face in my hands.

"Oh Kookie, you need to give yourself more credit. I clearly remember Ara asking for you when all the pregnancy stuff happened, not me...and not Jimin...you. She loves you Kook...and she knows you will look after her. You're her protector remember? Anyway, we all need you to keep everyone calm...because I can tell you now, that when that baby arrives, the nurses will probably have to lock Jimin and I up to stop us from smothering the baby with kisses," he said amusingly. His joke lightened my heart enough to chuckle along with him.

"I guess you're right. I just don't want to let anyone down...this is a big deal for me. I've always wanted to be a father, but part of me thought that I was too immature... That maybe I couldn't provide enough for them," I said sadly. "Kook, I know you will love them...and honestly, that's the best thing you could ever give to a child... Just simple love and affection," Tae said earnestly.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around Tae's neck, before dropping my head onto his shoulder; embracing him tightly. "I love you Tae Tae... You always know how to cheer me up," I muttered into his shirt. "I love you too Kookie... But I only know how to cheer you up because I stalked you from a distance for 6 years...and learned everything there is to know about you." I pulled back and shoved him playfully; "Yah! You're lucky I'm giving you the chance to marry me then..."

His expression suddenly turned serious. "Kookie...there is not a single day I don't feel eternally grateful for having you in my life. So much so, that I often think back to when we were at school together... And how I used to walk the long way to all my classes, in hopes of seeing you...in hopes that one day you would stop and talk to me... I've loved you for more than a decade...and I plan on loving you until the day I die," he said grasping my hands tightly. Then he let one of my hands slip, and I watched as he reached around to his back pocket to pull something out. As he brought his hand back around I saw a small silver ring looped around the tip of his finger. Dae bak!