Chapter 70 - Yes Baby

Jimin

Jimin

The day had arrived and I was a complete wreck. The edges of my nerves were on edge. Oh god. What if she says no? Jungkook was watching me from across the room and even he looked nervous. Nope. I can't do this.

I went to walk out but he grabbed my wrist. "Don't Jimin-ah...you can do it. I know you can," he said with encouragement. I yanked my arm away and threw it up in the air to cover my face. "I can't! She's going to say no... I can feel it!" I cried out. I felt his strong arms wrap around me and soothing circles being rubbed on my back. "I can't! I just love her soo much! It will destroy me Jungkookie! I can't handle her rejection!" I blubbered into his shirt. "Shh shh Jimin-ah...she loves you. She won't say no... Think of your baby. She has your baby inside of her..." He said comfortingly. Oh god, the baby!

I pulled away and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Look at me Jungkookie...I'm an absolute mess," I said pathetically. "I am looking at you Jimin-ah...and I think you look beautiful. Please cheer up...I miss your smile," he said shyly. As I studied his reaction, I felt a surge of confidence fill me. He's right. I can do this. I let a blinding smile fill my face and I leaned in to kiss his plump lips; "I love you Jungkookie." I felt a smile form against my lips as he spoke, "I love you too Jimin-ah... I'll wait for you," then he stepped back and left the room silently.

Okay. I can do this.

~

"How can you look so radiant even on a dreary day like today? No one holds a candle to you Baby," I said kissing her hand as I entwined my fingers in hers. She giggled shyly and a soft blush lined her cheeks. While we walked the path, a cool gust of wind blew through and I felt Ara shiver. "Come here Baby...I'll keep you warm," I said opening my jacket to her. She immediately slipped her arms around my torso and hugged me close; "Thank you."

No matter how many days had passed, I knew I wanted Ara to be my wife. She had a way of making my heart flutter and be still, all at the same time. And each day, I found myself loving her more than the previous...if that was even possible. A part of me was still nervous about what I was going to ask her, but the large majority of me felt completely comfortable being around her. She had always had that effect on me... I guess that was what I called the 'Ara Effect'. "

"So I know the weather isn't the best, but I really wanted to show you this place... But if it's too cold, we can go back home. I don't mind," I said genuinely. "Baby, you are so sweet. I don't mind if it's cold... It just means I get to be closer to you," she said snuggling into my side. I kissed the top of her head and let a small smile touch my lips as we walked towards the entrance.

"Do you have a reservation, sir?" Asked the attendant with a polite bow. "Yes. Park Jimin, two people," I said with a small bow. "Ah yes, this way. We close at 5pm. Enjoy your day," he said before attending to the next group of people. Ara looked up at me with a wide smile; "I'm excited Baby! This was a perfect date idea." I felt a warmth run through my heart at her words. Thank God.