Chapter 77 - Soulmates

Jimin

Jimin

Alright, blanket, check. Canvas, check. Paint and brushes, check. I think that's it. "Taehyungieeee, you ready to go?" I called out from downstairs. "Almost, give me two secs. I'm just saying goodbye to Princess and Kookie," he replied loudly. "Okay, I'll just pop some stuff in the car then," I said getting up from the sofa and grabbing the bags.

When I closed the car boot, I turned around to see Taehyung smiling at me like a fool. "You ready Taehyungie?" I asked with a chuckle. He eagerly nodded and took my hand, giving it a small kiss on top. Then he let go and jumped into the passenger seat. "I'm pretty excited Jiminie. I've been waiting a while to spend some quality one-on-one time with you. And it's a super nice day... So it'll be perfect!" He chimed happily. I couldn't help but smile at his joyfulness. "It's been a while so I just hope you like what I have planned for us," I said with a soft eye smile. He quickly turned his head and looked at me; "If you organised it, I'm certain I'll love it!"

~

As we unloaded the car, Taehyung tried to take a peek inside the bags. "Yah! No looking yet. I want it to be a surprise," I said, slapping his hand away from the zipper. He quickly retracted his hand with a giggle before randomly bouncing on the spot. "Ahhh, I can't wait! Jiminie Time! Jiminie Time! Jiminie Time!" He chanted enthusiastically. A few people had turned to look at us, but Taehyung just stared back at them; "What?! You're just jealous he's mine."Then he stuck his tongue out and wiggled it tauntingly, before grabbing my hand and walking off.

"Someone's possessive," I teased, as we walked toward the rotunda. He just shrugged his shoulders with a smirk on his lips; "Didn't see you complaining." I bit my lip and looked away, hiding the blush that was now tinting my cheeks. He knows me too well.

When we reached the undercover, I placed the bags down and took out the picnic blanket; rolling it out next to a nice sunny spot. "This okay?" I asked. Taehyung nodded and quickly sat down; stretching his arms out and looking up at me for the next thing to do. I sat down on my knees and started pulling out various paint tubes, brushes, and palettes, followed by one single canvas. "I thought we could paint something together...and maybe hang it up in our home?" I asked shyly.

I had thought a lot about how I would propose to Taehyung, considering he was such a sentimental person. So I chose this. "That sounds great! I can already imagine where it will go... In the kitchen, right next to the window that looks out on the garden... So I can admire them both at the same time," he hummed with a warm smile. "Sounds perfect," I replied with a wide grin.

Before I had a chance to set anything up, Taehyung was already squeezing out various colours and mixing them together on the palettes. Loads of strong, contrasting ones; like fiery reds and cool turquoises. Then he spread out the brushes and grabbed a thick bristle one and a smaller flat bristle one. "Ready!" He chimed, holding them up in the air excitedly. Adorable. I chuckled and kissed his cheek; "Well considering you're raring to go, how about you make the first stroke then."