Chapter 53 - Purpose

Taehyung

Taehyung

When we got in the car, I told Kookie the address and he looked at me with a shocked expression. "Wait, how long have you had this planned?"He asked. "Hmm, two months?... Could be more," I hummed. He turned to look at Ara and Jimin, who were also very surprised at my revelation. Then Ara smiled and leaned forward to kiss my cheek; "You are one of a kind Tae Bear." I grinned and felt my heart warm at her compliment.

The truth was, after I heard the devastating news about Kookie kissing Jimin, I had started looking at rings and potential places to propose to Ara. That night I spent with her was a definite turning point for me. I realised that Kookie's heart wasn't going to belong to me forever, and if I let Ara go I would regret it forever; she was special. So over the following weeks, I had started collecting details on her likes and dislikes; her favourite foods, her favourite places to visit, and even places she wished to visit. I had grown to love her more and more, and hoped that one day I would be able to marry her and call her my own. And that day was just on the horizon.

When we walked into the jewelers, Ara's mouth dropped. "Dae bak! This place looks expensive..." She said, turning to walk back out. But I grabbed her arm and pulled her further into the store; "Forget about the price. If I want to spoil you, I will. Now go have a look," I urged. She shyly smiled and crept up to the glass counter and started gasping at all the pretty rings on display. I took notice of every ring her eyes lingered on and made a mental note to return once I was alone.

"So I know you're already planning something in your head, fancy sharing it with me?" Whispered Kookie. I smirked and replied, "Later", then I walked off to follow Ara. Jimin was perousing on his own; looking for something in particular. His expression was one of definite determination and it made be chuckle, he's so serious.

After 30 minutes or so, I asked the Jeweler if we could check her ring size. "Look at your daintly little fingers," the woman admired. A faint blush hit Ara's cheeks and she hid her face slightly in her shoulder. "Mmm, exactly what I thought. She's a size 6," she confirmed. Jimin immediately started typing things into his phone, while Kookie followed his lead and did the same. I knew I wouldn't forget and just simply stored it in my memory. "Can we check your sizes too?" Ara asked us shyly. The woman looked at her with a curious expression once she realised our polyamourous relationship. I put my finger out first. "Size 13," she said; trying to capture my eye with a flirtatious smile. I just ignored her and hugged Ara's back, while she checked Kookie and Jimin's sizes. "Size 14 and 16 respectively," she said. Jimin's face turned beetroot red and he hid behind us. "Stupid fat fingers," he mumbled and I laughed internally.

When Ara was satisfied with her potential choices, we left to have some lunch. Kookie started suggesting places but I already had something in mind. "Kookie my love, could you take us to this address?" I asked, showing him on the maps. He looked at me with an amused look and nodded.

As we drove, Ara leaned her head on the window sill and looked out; watching all the different buildings and people pass. "Did you ever wonder if you would ever find your soulmate?" She asked to no-one in particular. Jimin looked at me and smiled softly. "Of course! I thought I was going to be alone forever," called out Kookie suddenly, which made us all laugh. "I spent every night, wondering if or when I would meet someone who truly fit me... and now I have 3 of them," Jimin said sweetly. "I'm so glad I found you... I never thought my life would ever be this...eventful," Ara replied to Jimin with a cute giggle. "Eventful's one way of putting it," grumbled Kookie. I shhh'd him and slapped his leg, before he gave me a cheeky smile in return.