Chapter 17 - Seek

Ara

Ara

I heard the doorbell ring. Ooo they're here!

I checked everything on the table was set, before quickly glancing at my reflection in the hallway mirror. Here goes nothing.

I opened the door to an absolute vision. Standing in front of me were three of the most handsome men I had ever laid eyes on. Wahhh.

Jimin casually stood there with his arms crossed at his chest, sneaking a look across to Jungkook with a coy smile. Tae stood between them, looking nervously at his feet. While Jungkook threw a flirty glance in Jimin's direction, pursing his lips together in a smirk.

"You okay Tae?" I asked with concern. He lifted his head and nodded, a small smile reaching his lips.

"And how are you two?" I asked, sharing my gaze between Jungkook and Jimin.

"Oh I'm great Ara! Thanks for inviting me," exclaimed Jimin.

"Yeah, I'm awesome," Jungkook said with a cheeky giggle.

"Well, come in. I've set up dinner already. Is Tteokbokki okay?" I asked, walking to the table and sitting down.

"I love Tteokbokki!" Jungkook chimed while taking a seat diagonal from me.

"I haven't had Tteokbokki in ages. It looks delicious!" Jimin said taking a seat across from Jungkook.

"Tae? Do you like Tteokbokki?" I asked, trying to catch his gaze.

"Hmmm. Oh yes. Thank you," he replied, sitting quietly and avoiding everyone's gaze.

(Seating arrangements are: Jungkook and Tae on one side, Jimin and Ara on the other side).

~

Taehyung

We had demolished all the food on the table within 20 minutes. It was like Jimin said, delicious.

"Now time for dessert!" Ara cried out, clapping her hands together excitedly. I looked around the table and noticed Jungkook and Jimin both watching her with happy expressions; leaning towards her and not breaking eye contact. Tonight I felt like an outsider. Like somehow I was being the fourth wheel in their flirty romance.

~Flashback~

It was 9.30 pm when I heard my phone ding!

Kookie had sent me a message saying Ara had invited him to dinner tomorrow night, and that she was going to invite me and Jimin too. At first, I was excited because I would get to see her again. But then the more I thought about it, the more I realised I didn't know if I could watch Kookie or Ara flirting with Jimin. I hadn't exactly warmed up to the idea of him yet.