Chapter 38 - VMinKook

Taehyung

Taehyung

"So what's been happening? I feel like we haven't caught up in ages," I asked Kookie and Jimin. We had all gone out for dinner, while Ara had a quiet night in. She had been stressing from work all week, so I stopped off at her's before I arrived at the restaurant. I wanted to pamper her a little, so I ran her a big bubble bath and lit some candles for her. The way she looked at me with complete love and adoration made me almost cancel on the guys. But she pushed me out the door before I could complain; saying I needed to see them too. She's right. It's been too long.

"Well...I suppose we have some big news... We had sex...and Jimin moved in with me..." Kookie said hesitantly. I looked at him then at Jimin, but neither of them were brave enough to look me in the eye.

"Are you serious?... You had sex...and you moved in together...all in the space of a week?" I was completely shocked. Part of me wanted to rip their heads off and the other part of me wanted to throw a tantrum and run away crying. As I fought an internal battle, Jimin reached across and grabbed my hand. "Taehyungie...this doesn't change how we feel about you... We both still love you very much."

I stared at him with daggers. Then he slapped my hand harshly. "Yah! Don't be stroppy with me. I was trying to comfort you. I won't apologise for loving Jungkookie... He's been through a lot and I don't think it's fair that you keep leaving him out of everything. He loves Ara too you know... So when will you let go of your control and let him be with her, huh?" The level of sassiness and dare I say...dominance that Jimin displayed, knocked me right off my pedestal.

I looked across at Kookie, who had since turned a dark shade of red and was looking intently at the menu. "Kookie...is this how you feel?" I asked softly.

He looked up shyly and made eye contact. "I do... I've loved her the longest...and still I haven't been with her. Does she hate or something?... What am I doing wrong?" He asked; almost wanting Jimin and I to give him an actual solution to his supposed problem. The way Kookie's emotions flared up, made me internally scold myself for being so selfish. I am selfish. Stop being an asshole and let them with her. You know she wants it too.

"Okay... I'm sorry for pushing you guys away from her. But I just want you to know that I care very deeply for her... The love I have for her is not just some school boy crush...it's so much more than that... So please...don't hurt her...and don't hurt me... Because without her...I will be completely lost." They both looked at me, trying to grasp the meaning of what I had just said.

Then Jimin responded; "Taehyungie...we don't want to hurt either of you... We just want to be included... So please...just trust us." He held my hand and squeezed it, giving me a nod and a genuine smile. His kind aura made my mind mellow. He always knows what to say.

Suddenly, Kookie interrupted my thoughts. "Tae Tae. I have always been there for you... Everyday...through all the years... But still you don't trust me... What do I need to do, to make you trust me?" I could see the hurt behind his eyes and it killed me. Please, don't cry Kookie. I lifted my hand to his face and caressed his cheek. "Just be patient with me Kookie... I'm not a strong person like you... You don't need to change anything... It's me that needs to change." I leaned across the table and kissed his lips softly; not caring who saw me do it. He melted instantly into my touch and brought his hands up to hold my face. Just love me Kookie.