Chapter 28 - Deeper

Jungkook

Jungkook

"You ready to go Tae? Jimin said to be there at 6." I was trying not to sound too impatient but I still wanted to rush him along a little; having waited for 45 minutes already.

"Almost," Tae called out from the bathroom. What is taking him so long?

I walked to the bathroom to check on him and what I saw made me laugh. Tae was standing in front of the mirror, ferociously styling one strand of hair on his forehead. He must be so nervous. Look at that concentration.

"Want some help?" I asked, trying to keep a straight face.

He immediately caught my teasing tone. "Don't poke fun at me Kookie. I just want to look good for him, okay? He's so perfect and I just want to impress him."

I get it. Jimin was the epitome of a god or one of those marble sculptures on display in an art gallery. It didn't matter what he wore, or how he styled his hair because he always looked good. He was just effortlessly handsome...and cute...and sexy...all at the same time. The duality of that man.

"Well, I think you look gorgeous. You don't need to worry about Jimin. He's your soulmate remember. He'd love you in a potato sack. In fact, anyone would love you in a potato sack, including me," I said with a wink.

Tae exhaled a chuckle at my silly humour, but I knew he secretly loved it. "Okay, I guess I'm ready then," he said wrapping his arms around my neck. As we stared into each other's eyes, I couldn't stop a big bunny smile from filling my face.

"I love you so much. You know that?"

"I do. I love you too Kookie." Then he kissed me; gently.

~

Taehyung

"Are you sure he's okay with me coming? I don't want to intrude on your little romance," I said lifting my fingers up in the air to do quotation marks. I'm a sassy bitch.

Kookie took his eyes off the road for a moment, "Really Tae? You're gonna be like that?" he said, raising his eyebrows at me.

"What?! I can't help being jealous over you. If anything, it's your fault for being so damn attractive. Maybe we should go back and get you the potato sack," I said looking over my shoulder for effect.

"Did you seriously just mock and compliment me in the same sentence?" He said with a laugh. God, I love that laugh.

"I guess I'm just gifted," I said shrugging.

As we arrived, I noticed Jimin sitting on the front step looking at his phone. He looks...sad. I suddenly felt bad for the way I had talked about him, only a couple of minutes prior.

When we pulled to a stop, his head flicked up and a big, beautiful smile lit up his face. My soulmate! All my worries were instantly replaced with excitement. I quickly jumped out and ran up to him, almost pushing him over as I embraced him tightly. "I missed you Jiminie!"