Chapter 59 - Fear

Taehyung

Taehyung

"They should be here soon Ara!" I sang out. She responded with a faint coming from the bathroom, where she was busy pampering herself. I had told her I would set the table, mainly because I wanted her to see how helpful I could be. Hopefully, that's all we need. He didn't say what we were eating...did he? I stood back to admire the setup but I felt like there was still something missing. Flowers! "I'll be back in a few minutes Ara. I'm just grabbing something down the street!" I called out, picking up my keys.

I drove to the nearby park and collected a small bunch of flowers from the public garden, before racing back. Surely they won't miss a few flowers. Once I entered the house, I saw Ara coming down the stairs and quickly hid them behind my back. "Here Princess... I got these for you," I said, sweeping them out from behind me. Her eyes suddenly sparkled like two shimmering diamonds, as she took them from me; "Tae Bear...you're so thoughtful. Thank you." She took a deep inhale and smiled; "So beautiful." Before I had time to practice another one of my cheesy compliments, I heard a loud knock at the door. "Ooo, they're here. Can you let them in while I grab a vase?" She asked, kissing me on the cheek. I watched as she rushed off to the kitchen with a skip in her step. Little cutie.

When I opened the door, Kookie was the first person I saw. "Hey Tae Tae, you're looking very...purple," he teased. I looked down at my jumper and shrugged; "I like it." He straight away went to justify himself but I put my finger to his lips; "Calm down Kookie...I'm only joking. I wore it because it has special meaning to my relationship with Ara." He nodded with a cute bunny smile and gave me a hug; "I missed you Tae Tae." Having his strong arms wrapped tightly around my waist gave me an immense sense of safety and comfort. I missed you too Kookie Monster.

As he let go and walked inside, I saw Jimin stagger up the steps with his hands full. "Woah there, cowboy. What's with the 50 containers?" I joked. He huffed a strand of hair out of his face and smiled; "Just wanted to make sure you don't all starve...because I've seen how much Jungkookie eats...and it's phenomenal." I laughed and took a few of the bags from him, before pecking his cheek; "You look good Jiminie." He gave me a crescent eye smile and blew me a kiss; "Not too bad yourself Taehyungie... Purple looks good on you."

Ara emerged from the kitchen and suddenly squealed; "Bunny!" She ran up to Kookie and hugged him; almost knocking him over. "I missed you!" She exclaimed, eyes wide with excitement. His eyes crinkled up, as he picked her up and swung her around. "Ara! I'm so happy we're together again," he cried out. I couldn't help but let a big boxy smile fill my face. These two dorks.

Then Jimin entered behind me and quickly placed the food on the ground, before running up to her for a hug too. "Baby! You look so beautiful!" He cooed, swiping a strand of hair out of her emerald eyes. I could see how completely in love he was with her, just by the single look he shared; it was breathtaking.

She giggled and giggled; jumping around in their arms. I suddenly felt the need to join in, so I flung my arms around all of them; giving them all a big bear hug. "This is nice," Kookie whispered; everyone humming in agreement. We stood there for a while, just enjoying one another's embrace, before pulling away to set up for dinner.