The Royal Ball [Jachlan AU]

OKAY I WROTE THIS (in like, two hours but I'm a slow writer so shush) WITH A ROYALTY AU AND YEAH THIS MAY BE BAD, MAY NOT MAKE SENSE, BUT I'M PROUD OF IT OKAY. SHUSH. It's in modern time btw ayo.
Enjoy.
--------------------
Lachlan sighed quietly and forced a smile at the princess before walking away. This night couldn't be going worst. His parents, the king and queen, decided it was time for Lachlan to meet someone. He was already 18 and had no lover. So, they set up a ball for all the princes and princesses in the land, trying to find someone to be Lachlan's wife/husband. Some of them weren't bad, like Prince Preston and Princess Ashley, but he thought of them as friends. Not lovers. His parents wanted Lachlan to be married soon, which he didn't like. His sister could marry someone first, she was older after all. Ever since all of this happened, Lachlan started to 'rebel' a bit, hating his parents for this. "This ball is lame." Ashley whined as she walked over to him. Kings and queens were everywhere too, watching their daughters and sons dance around. "I know right." Lachlan said with a sigh. "I wish something interesting would happen."
Well, something interesting did happen.

"Guards! They snuck in." Both Ashley and Lachlan froze when they heard Lachlan's mom say that. "They?" Ashley whispered to him as they watched some guards run off. "Who knows." He said with a shrug. They were currently slow dancing, both of them not wanting to dance with others. Suddenly, a loud shout was heard, which made everyone freeze. Lachlan looked around and narrowed his eyes a bit, his dad starting to say everything was fine. "A stupid peasant just snuck in, we have everything under control." He said softly and Ashley and Lachlan exchanged a look.
After a while of dancing and talking to others, Lachlan became bored. Ashley had run off and was talking to some other princesses, leaving Lachlan alone. All the kings and queens left the room, having an important meeting apparently. There wasn't even any guards in the room! I guess they wanted to leave the kids alone..

The doors suddenly opened and in ran some kids around their ages, but these kids were different. They wore normal looking clothes and not fancy suits. "Peasants!" Lachlan heard someone yell and he rolled his eyes, more people freaking out. He walked up to where the throne was and grabbed a microphone. "Hey!" He said loudly into the microphone and everyone, even the 'peasants' froze. "Why're people freaking out? Because some people who are a bit different then us decided to join the party?" He said into the microphone, grinning as he grabbed his crown off his head and threw it onto the ground. He heard people gasp but also cheer, grinning more and taking off his stupid bowtie. "Hey, put on some better music. And don't you dare call the guards or my parents." He ordered the 'DJ,' basically only slow songs playing. The 'DJ' nodded and put on music you'd hear the peasants listen to. "Now, how about we just party like normal fucking teenagers, huh?" He said before running away from the throne. More cheers were heard and soon, everyone was dancing. Lachlan made his way through the crowd, grinning at some people as he did so.

Even though they were all dancing together, none of them were dancing together, together. He walked over to where some snacks were and froze, seeing him. It was a 'peasant,' obviously, he could tell from his clothes. But there was something different about him. He had brown hair that stood up in a quiff and stunning brown eyes. He was beautiful. The man looked at Lachlan and they made eye contact. Lachlan slowly walked over to the male, his heart pounding as he did. "Hello, you must be Lachlan?" The male said with a grin. Lachlan nodded slowly and stared at him. "Yes, I am. And you are?" The male leaned against the snack table. "Jay. Why would you want to know my name? There are so many beautiful princes and princesses around us and you stop to talk to a peasant." He said to him softly. "Would you like to dance?" Lachlan blurted out and blushed softly. Jay raised an eyebrow and stood up normally. "Okay?" Jay said, it sounding like a question. Lachlan nodded slowly and grabbed Jay's hand, walking onto the dance floor.
-----------------------------
It becomes first person from here on, okay?
-----------------------------
I smiled nervously at Jay as we walked into the middle of the dance floor. People stared at us in shock as we stopped, staring at each other for a moment. Then, of course, the song ended and the next song? A slow song. I felt my cheeks burn but Jay didn't seem to mind. He walked forward and wrapped his arms around my waist, grinning at me a bit. "Why do I have to be the girl?" I muttered as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Take a guess." He said as he pulled me closer. I glared playfully at him and he grinned more, starting to slow dance. People started to slow dance as well but a large group of people just surrounded them, watching us in shock. To my surprise, Jay was very good at dancing.