Day 1: Jeston

So, I saw FuzzyFeelings created something called '13 Days of One Shots.' And, I want to try it out myself! (If they don't mind, I hope they don't!) I don't know if I can do what they're doing, and write 5,000+ words on Christmas but I will try and write something long for that!
If I miss a day, I'll post two one shots on one day. Sunday, December 13th to Sunday, December 25th!
My own little thing is, I at least want them all over a thousand words. But who knows.

Also, because I love you guys, you can request ships down below! Maybe with a genre, maybe with a prompt. I will write a new ship each day! Doesn't matter how rare or weird it is. Bring it on! I'll try and do all!

So, to start off day one, let's write about the ship that has completely ruined me!
----------------
Requester: myself bc I'm trash
Prompt: Imagine Person A of your OTP teaching Person B how to skateboard.
Ship: Jeston
Genre: High school!!!
Warnings/Notes: Though I own a skateboard, I literally never use it. So, sorry if this is weird.
--------------
Don't worry, Preston! It's easy.

He grimaced at those words as he stood on the skateboard, already wobbling a bit. He wasn't even moving yet, and it was impossible to stay still. It was early in the morning, and instead of sleeping in, he was practicing skateboarding. He wore a baggy hoodie over some nerdy video game shirt, just wearing some baggy pyjama pants and normal sneakers. Preston silently mocked his words under his breath, placing on foot on the ground and pushing himself forward. He quickly placed his foot back on the board but just ended up stumbling off the board. He groaned and stood on the sidewalk, running a hand through his hair and sighing to himself.

"You still can't get it?" A sudden voice said and Preston looked back, Jay skating over to him. Jay wore some band shirt, a band Preston had never heard of, with a plaid long sleeved shirt over it. He wore a beanie, to hide his messy morning hair, and wore normal jeans. He wore normal black converse, he easily rocked the hipster look. It added on to the fact that he skateboarded everywhere. He made it seem so easy, too easy. "Shut up." He muttered bitterly and Jay stepped off his skateboard, picking it up and walking up to Preston.

"Hey, how about I teach you?" Jay asked him and Preston bit his lip gently, lowering his eyes towards the ground. "Isn't it pathetic that I can't do this one thing?" Preston mumbled under his breath, Jay shaking his head and picking up Preston's chin. "No! Of course not. It does take a while to learn." Jay said sweetly as he stared at Preston.

Preston couldn't help but smile. Jay was so easygoing and laid back, he made everything look so simple. Preston was jealous of him, he had to admit. Who wouldn't be. Jay set his board down against the sidewalk and stood on it, extending his arms out to balance himself. "I do this to balance myself, try it." Jay encouraged and Preston stepped on his own board, which Jay had bought him. He extended his arms out and though he stumbled a bit, he soon became balanced. "There you go!" Jay exclaimed and Preston looked at him, smiling slightly.

"I'm just standing on the board, Jay. That isn't impressive.." Preston mumbled and Jay shook his head, getting off his own board and grabbing onto Preston's hands. "It is! It's a good start!" Jay exclaimed and stood in front of Preston, which made his heart beat fast. Jay began pulling Preston forward, which caused the board to move as well. Preston let out a loud squeak, which caused Jay to stop and start to laugh. "Don't be so scared, I won't let you fall." Jay promised and Preston nodded slowly, taking a deep breath.

Jay grabbed his hands once again and kept pulling him down the sidewalk, ordering Preston to push himself with his foot. Preston took a deep breath and nodded, moving a foot off the board and lightly placing it against the ground. He pushed against the ground and them quickly moved his foot back onto the board, Jay letting go of his hands and moving out of the way. Jay's eyes lit up as Preston smoothly moved forward, which also made Preston quite happy. "It's a good start!" Jay exclaimed and Preston nodded slowly, glancing at him with a small smile. 

The morning soon went into the afternoon, Jay teaching Preston everything he knew about skateboarding. Now, it was time for a challenge. Jay wanted Preston to try skateboarding, all on his own.

Preston took a deep breath and placed the board on the sidewalk, placing one foot on it. Jay eagerly watched from the side, standing on the side. Preston pushed himself forward for a short bit, and then quickly placed his other foot on the board. He moved down the sidewalk and he took a deep breath, moving his weight to one side of the board. The board made a turn and Preston smiled to himself, doing another sharp turn. He placed his foot on the sidewalk and gave himself a boost, which pushed himself and the board more forward. He came to a stop and sighed to himself.

He heard footsteps and was suddenly tackled off his board, short arms wrapping around him tightly. Preston let out a small gasp and stumbled forward, falling onto a patch of grass. He groaned a bit as he landed, hearing a loud squeal from Jay, obviously. No one else would tackle Preston in a public place. Preston pushed himself up, sitting up normally. Jay moved, now sitting in front of Preston with a wide grin covering his face. "You're more happy then me." Preston said in a joking tone, though it was obvious that it wasn't a joke. "I'm so proud of you!" Jay exclaimed loudly, Preston rolling his eyes a bit.

"Now, you need to get better so we can go to the skate park together." Jay said happily and Preston suddenly felt a wave of panic hit him. It hit him like a ton of bricks. "No." Preston quickly said and Jay pouted deeply, a sad look spreading across his face. "Why not?" He asked Preston quietly, to which Preston bit his lip and nervously looked down at his hands. He twiddled his thumbs and gulped, his mouth feeling dry. "I don't want to be made fun of.." Preston mumbled in a low tone, Jay's completely changing it's expression. "What? I wouldn't let anyone lay a hand on you! Or say anything rude!" Jay said in a loud tone, Preston's cheeks burning red as he smiled awkwardly at him.

"Really?" Preston asked him, looking up slightly to face him. Jay stood up and reached his hand down, smiling sincerely at him. "Duh. We're best friends, aren't we? Friends help each other out!" Jay said with a wide smile. While he smiled, Preston's smile faded a bit. "Right, best friends." Preston said and stood up, ignoring the hand Jay was holding out for him to grab. Jay stared at him for a brief moment, a confused look on his face.

It dawned upon him and he shook his head at himself, grabbing Preston's hand and pulling him over. "We're best friends and boyfriends, duh." Jay said and lightly kissed Preston on the cheek, letting out a laugh as Preston blushed and looked away. "Much better, thank you." He said quietly and Jay guided him off the grass, pulling him over to their skateboards. "Back to practice! Then we can go get some ice cream, my treat." Jay said with a wink, Preston smiling and laughing. "Thank you, Jay. You always know what I want."