Day 4: Wooflan

Requester: FuzzyFeelings  (ily)
Prompt: I got nothing
Ship: Wooflan
Genre: au/fluffy/kinda sad
Warnings/Notes: I KNOW THIS IS KINDA LATE BUT SHUT UP. IT'S LONG AND ADORABLE. THEY'RE SO CUTE, OKAY.
----------------
Think I can fly, think I can fly when I'm with you

They were in a Skype call. With face cam on and everything. Lachlan could see him smiling as he talked, looking like the most happiest person on earth. Everything around him looked dull when he was there. He lit up any room. "Lachlan? You there?" Rob asked and Lachlan shook his head slightly, pushing away those thoughts. "Yeah, man. I'm here." Lachlan replied and Rob smiled widely at him. "Shouldn't you go to sleep? You have school in the morning." Rob said and Lachlan bit his lip, glancing at the time on his computer. Two in the morning. "I rather stay up and talk to you." Lachlan said shyly, Rob just laughing. 

Rob lived in Canada, Toronto to be exact. Lachlan lived in Australia. They met via the Internet, and Rob made Lachlan one of the happiest.

My arms are wide, catching fire as the wind blows

Lachlan walked down the hallway the next day, staring down at his phone. He used the schools wifi to access Skype, so he was messaging Rob.

'Aren't you in school?'

Lachlan hesitated before replying, glancing up to make sure he didn't bump into someone.

'It's my break.'
'Oh, okay!'

Lachlan smiled at Rob's reply and squeaked as he bumped into someone, his phone dropping onto the floor. "I'm sorry." Lachlan quickly said and leaned down, grabbing his phone. The person rolled their eyes and kept walking, pushing Lachlan over a bit. Lachlan fell onto the floor more and just got stared at. His cheeks heated up and he quickly stood up, walking down the hallway. He waited until he got to his locker to reply, leaning up against it.

'But I wouldn't mind getting in trouble during class, if I was texting you.'

I know that I'm rich enough for pride, I see a billion dollars in your eyes.

Lachlan darted into his house after school, kicking off his shoes and putting his bag away. He said hello to his parents and ran up the stairs, darting into his room and slamming the door shut. He sat down at his computer desk and waited, grinning as the familiar 'Rob is calling..' popped up on his screen. He clicked accept and Rob's face popped up, a tired smile on his face. It was a bit late for Rob, but he insisted he wanted to chat. "How was school?" Rob asked him and Lachlan bit his lip a bit. "It was fine." Lachlan lied and Rob's expression changed. "Liar. What happened?" Rob asked and Lachlan sighed quietly. It was hard to lie when they were face to face.

"Nothing!" Lachlan assured and Rob smiled sadly at him, which broke Lachlan's heart. "Okay, if you won't be honest with me, I won't push you." Rob said with a sigh, Lachlan now feeling bad. "Some people pushed me around. But it's fine." Lachlan said truthfully, Rob frowning a bit. "I wish you lived in Canada. I would protect you." Rob said to Lachlan, causing Lachlan's heart to beat faster. "Really?" He asked Rob, who just nodded and smile. "You could meet my friends! They'd love you!" Rob promised him and Lachlan smiled softly, his cheeks being a light shade of red. "One day." Lachlan mumbled and Rob smiled more. "Hopefully one day soon! I really want to see you!" Rob said and Lachlan nodded in agreement.

Even if we're strangers til we die

Lachlan walked by the back of the school, it being after school. He had planned on taking a shortcut. Sadly, his plans were foiled. He heard other footsteps and before he could turn around, he was grabbed and forced against a wall. He gasped and dropped his books he was holding, his heart beat quickening. Three males surrounded him. "Hey, if it isn't lonely Lachlan." The one male teased, Lachlan squirming to try and break free. "Let me go!" He said and the male holding him shook his head. "Make me, loner." He taunted and Lachlan pushed him away with his free hand, just getting held back down by the third one. "Leave me alone!" He mumbled and the second male shook his head. "That's no fun. We want to have some fun. So, why not have some fun with lonely little Lachlan?"