Day 12 pt. 1: Jestonlan

Requester: why do I even have this here, when no one requests then
Prompt: Imagine your OT3 setting up holiday decorations.
Ship: Preston X Jay X Lachlan. I prefer to call their ship name Two Aussies, One Preston.
Genre: Sad
Warnings/Notes: I'm writing two short things for today, with different ships. This is part one. So because of that second tbnrduty one shot, I now headcanon Lachlan as an atheist oops
--------------
Lachlan sat on the couch and watched the other two decorate the tree, sipping from his coffee mug as Christmas music loudly played. It was a week before Christmas and Preston and Jay had decided to both put up some Christmas decorations. They were spending Christmas at Preston's house, all the way in Texas. Both Jay and Preston wore Christmas sweaters on their backs. Jays had a ton of snowflakes on his, also having a snowman. Preston's had Santa with some reindeers on it. They looked cute in them, Lachlan had to admit. Both Jay and Preston had tried getting Lachlan to help them put up the tree. But nonetheless, they failed. Both Jay and Preston were Catholic, or Christian, while Lachlan was atheist. So, Christmas was a weird thing for him. 

"Please, Lachlan?" Jay asked once again and looked back at Lachlan, who was sitting on the couch. Lachlan stayed in his normal clothes, ignoring the Christmas sweater they had bought for him. "Nope." He said and took a drink from his coffee. "We can't force him to help, Jay." Preston said and leaned over, kissing Jays cheek. Jay sighed softly but nodded, going back to wrapping tinsel around the tree. Lachlan stood up and walked out of the lounge, a sigh leaving his own lips. They seemed to be really upset that Lachlan didn't seem interested. He agreed on celebrating Christmas and had bought them both gifts. Though, not helping them decorate really got to them. No clue why, it was just some dumb decorations that would be taken down on the twenty sixth.

They asked him to just ignore the religion within it, which was hard. Considering the word 'Christ' was in the name of the holiday. He just found the whole holiday stupid. He always has, always will. He had been friends with Jay for much longer, Jay should know this. Sadly, he still begged him to celebrate it. Lachlan declined every time. He hated it. He went into the kitchen and filled up his coffee mug, heading back over to the lounge. "I wish he'd at least he nice about it." He heard Jay said, which caused him to pause. "I know. He's very rude about it." Preston agreed with an eye roll. "He's always rude." Jay murmured and Lachlan leaned up against a wall, listening to them.

"I know. You're never rude." Preston said sweetly and kissed Jay on the cheek, who just giggled and playfully pushed him away. "I love you." Preston said with a wide smile. "I love you too, Preston." Jay said back to him. Lachlan felt his grip on the coffee mug loosening, tears forming in his eyes. "You're the only one I love." Jay added in a lower voice, that being it for Lachlan. The mug slipped out of his hands and shattered against the floor, coffee going everywhere. He quickly ran to the door, running out of Prestons condo. He ran down the hallway and sniffed, never wanting to look back.