Chapter 16

Here Comes The Mutiny #4

“No way! Theodore won!”

“He defeated Garcia in battle magic…!”

“How is he a dunce?”

The students were truly very noisy. It was difficult for them to accept that Garcia, one of the best in their year, had been defeated. The even more frustrating thing was that the man who defeated him was Theodore Miller.

He had studied for an extra three years, but the gap in talent couldn’t be that much. The students knew that better than anyone else, so their surprise was greater.

Professor Vince was the most surprised person.

‘Great… Fire Bolt aiming at one point, a shield with a variation in shape, and a compressed Fireball… It’s already at a good enough level to be an active war magician.’

No, maybe even more than that. Theo’s face never showed any tension, and he didn’t take a step from his first standing position. It was literally a one-sided win. Vince raised a hand in order to calm the students and declare Theo’s victory.

However, at that moment…

“…Not yet, not yet! I’m not backing down yet!”

Garcia’s eyes were wild as he awkwardly raised his body from where he had fallen. Clearly, he wasn’t in a normal condition. His magic power was running out of control outside his body, and his distorted face revealed his wounded pride.

‘If Father and Big Brother know that I’ve fallen in such an unsightly way, they will never forgive me!’

His father, Viscount Carter, was famous. His family was several times stricter and more hierarchical than other families. If rumours spread that he had lost to not just any student but to the famous dunce, he would never be able to leave the Carter estate.

That was something that could never happen.

“This is the last one. If you can take this spell, then I will admit defeat, Theodore Miller!” Garcia shouted wildly toward Theo, who still had a casual expression on his face.

Garcia knew it was nonsense, but he couldn’t retire like this. He started preparing the spell before Theodore even replied.

‘Tsk, this is why children of prestigious families…’

In the end, Professor Vince clicked his tongue and stepped back. If Theodore had rejected it, then he would’ve interfered. However, Theo didn’t seem to have any plans to resign either. Rather, he was carefully observing Garcia’s boiling magic power with cool eyes. His eyes, which were as sharp as blades while concentrating fiercely, gave the illusion that he was standing on a battlefield.

Thus, the final confrontation between the two students began.

“「Red light streaking across the sky–」”

A strange voice emerged from Garcia’s mouth. It was a chant which accompanied a magic spell and displayed a different power compared to magic with only one or two starting words. Even if the same amount of magic power was used, the power was increased overwhelmingly. Once it was high-level magic, it could be used as a tactical weapon.

Additionally, there was a function hidden behind the chant.

Wuuuong…

The jeweled pendant hidden in the uniform began resonating with its owner’s will. It was the artifact, Roaring Flames, which was only give to a legitimate child of the Carter family. This artifact greatly increased the magic power of the contracted owner as well as the output of fire magic.