Chapter 55

Zero Library Delicacy #1

‘A book from the Zero Library?’ Kurt III and Blundell’s expression changed at the same time.

Of course, they knew how valuable the books from the Zero Library were to magicians. The books could raise the person’s learning ability or even give a magical protection. These were treasures which even Superior magicians found difficult to borrow.

However, were the treasures amazing enough when the person could get any wish they wanted?

Kurt III understood Theodore’s words first and opened his mouth, “A book from the Zero Library… It isn’t difficult to rent, but it seems like you are asking for something else.”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Do you want ownership of the book?”

Like this, the context was right. Obtaining ownership of one book from the Zero Library was worthy of a wish, even if it wasn’t a national treasure.

Those who understood the meaning of Theo’s wish showed different responses. Blundell made a perplexed expression as he fidgeted with his beard, while Veronica squinted at Theo with interested eyes. Whereas Sylvia wriggled uncomfortably, and Vince nodded knowingly as he was the only one who understood the situation fully.

As the owner of Gluttony, Theodore could transform reading the book directly into proficiency, so it was hard to find a better reward. If he obtained a book from the Zero Library, then he could learn an ability like Alfred’s Magic Bullet and the ancient elemental.

Kurt III worried for a moment but made a decision within minutes. “…Okay.”

Fortunately, his answer was positive. Kurt III looked down at Theo with a serious expression. “I will give you a book from the Zero Library. However, if you ever fail to properly fulfill your obligations, then you, Theodore Miller, will return the book to the Zero Library.”

“Thank you for Your Majesty’s generosity.”

The king spoke in a roundabout manner, but he was basically just giving it to Theo. The obligation to pass on the accumulated knowledge to later generations was a matter of course for any magician, and the book could be retrieved after his death.

In any case, Kurt III determined that Theodore’s achievement deserved such a reward.

“Veronica.”

“Yes? Why did you call me Your Majesty?” The Red Tower Master asked from where she occupied one of the armchairs.

“I want you to accompany Theodore Miller and assist in the screening of the books from the Zero Library. And you should be aware of this, but you can’t take anything out from it.”

“Well… okay! It has been a long time since I’ve smelled a book.”

“Then that will be all.” Kurt looked around before raising his body.

As he stood up, the people in the room naturally bent their knees. Blundell and Veronica were the only ones still standing. The two tower masters simply bowed their heads as goodbye to the master of Meltor.

“Thank you once again for your merits. I hope that you enjoy your duties and responsibilities for the Meltor Kingdom in the future. I can’t believe that it has been a fortnight, and I’ve already seen your faces twice.”

At the unexpected words, Theodore and Sylvia shouted in unison, “As Your Majesty commands!”

Finally, their second encounter with the king came to an end.