Chapter 189

Uninvited Guest #2

Clink.

There was a sound as the locks were engaged. The invaders from Austen had surrendered, so Para had brought out these locks. They were the so-called arm holders which restrained a person from the wrist to elbows. The material looked strange, showing that it wasn’t an ordinary restraint.

“Is this perhaps adamantium?”

“Ri-ght.”

Para confirmed in an eerie voice that the metal, which resembled opaque ice, was just as Theodore guessed. It seemed to be something she’d made. “I created it in order to catch a master, but there was no time to use them on the battlefield. So, I left them in the warehouse, but now they can finally see the light.”

“…Well, I’m glad that it is useful.”

“Right? These things are also part of my role.”

Paragranum might describe it as useless, but it was a ridiculous tool which could even control masters.

Normally sword masters could tear apart steel handcuffs with their superhuman physical abilities and aura. So, strong magic handcuffs would be ruined if they continued to inject aura. Even mithril would warp if a sword master used their power properly.

It was only possible when used with pure adamantium. Adamantium was difficult to handle, so it was rarely used. However, Paragranum had completed the restraints through some unknown manner.

Mujak’s relaxed expression stiffened as he experienced the binding.

“Theodore!”

“Ah, yes.”

At that time, a white tower magician approached him and issued an edict, “His Majesty wants to meet the intruders.”

“I understand. Is there anything else?”

“No. You can take this transport to the royal palace.”

“I will.” Theodore nodded without hesitation. Even if Mujak was bound, he was still a sword master who had crossed the boundaries of the transcendent realm. So, Theodore couldn’t feel relieved unless another tower master took over.

Theodore pulled on the chains a little rougher than usual.

Rattle.

Was it due to the shock…? A few drops of blood emerged from Mujak’s mouth.

“Well, it is rough.”

“……”

Theodore just spoke coldly without letting the chains go slack. For whatever reason, they were trespassers who had tried to enter Ellenoa’s dwelling. It meant that Theodore couldn’t welcome them kindly. No, it wasn’t just that. Theodore soon realized that his emotions were boiling inside him.

“What brings you here?”

“Hrmm?”

“If you are from Austen, you should remember what you did in Bergen.”

Vince had told Theodore the identities of [Shackler], the ones disguising themselves as elf slave traders in Bergen. Thus, it was also possible for Theodore to know about the truth behind the Bergen incident.

Mujak closed his eyes with a bitter smile. “I don’t have anything to say. I won’t make excuses.”

“Your responsibility for the past won’t disappear. And I don’t want you to apologize to me.”

“That’s right. Treat me as you like.”

Theodore would’ve become angrier if the other person spoke empty words, but he couldn’t do anything against this attitude. Theodore dragged the chain and started to move forward roughly. After reading the unusual atmosphere between the two of them, the rest of the group followed.