Chapter 115

Mysterious #1

‘Myrdal Herseim!’

Theodore’s face stiffened at the unexpected name. Yet, in actuality, it wasn’t surprising that Myrdal was treated as a sage by the elves. In a world where the high elves couldn’t call the elemental rulers without borrowing the power of the world tree, Myrdal, however, had managed to call one with his own power.

This phenomenal feat was more than enough of a reason for him to be a valued guest of Elvenheim.

“Sage Myrdal said this.” Ellenoa ignored Theo’s inner confusion and started to recite the prophecy in a calm voice, “After a long time, the sixth dancer will open their eyes, and forgotten beings will awaken from a deep sleep. Two countries will compete against each other and summon an indescribable disaster. But there is no need to be afraid. The guest who comes from a distant place will avert the disaster. Once that happens, please guide the guest here.”

“…Is what you just spoke the prophecy?”

“Yes.”

It was like a mysterious puzzle, but Theo was forced to feel a chill since it had all come to pass.

At least a hundred years ago, maybe more than that, Myrdal had visited this cabin and made a prophecy. He predicted the events which began with the birth of the sixth dancer, Ellenoa, and then the appearance of Laevateinn and the visitor who managed to stop it.

Theodore thought up to there and was struck with a crazy idea. ‘Impossible… Even if he is contracted to an elemental ruler, how long can a human live for?’

He had met a few existences who lived beyond the ordinary standards of life, such as a sword master who could collapse a mountain with a sword, while an 8th Circle magician who could resist even natural disasters. There were also the guardians of Elvenheim who could reverse a situation with one arrow.

Nevertheless, Theo hadn’t felt like this when he faced them. This was a feeling of an incomprehensible awe and fear. Myrdal Herseim was something entirely different from the masters of this age. At that moment, a piece of a puzzle floating around slotted into place.

[An original book has been consumed. Promoting a connection to Myrdal Herseim… Success. Myrdal Herseim has accepted the connection with the user.]

[Connect is starting.]

‘Connect’ was a phenomenon he had only experienced when he ingested Introduction to Elemental Magic.

“Ah…!” A sound emerged from Theo’s mouth. There was no evidence to support his speculation, but his intuition was convinced that he was right.

In the records of the Magic Society, Myrdal Herseim was a great mage who had understood elementals more than anyone else 300 years ago…

And he was still alive. Maybe it wasn’t a coincidence that Theo had made a contract with Mitra. In order to bring him to this cabin, Myrdal might have arranged something. However, as he was worrying alone, Ellenoa had continued her explanation.

Then it soon came to an end. “…That is all I can tell you.”

Fortunately, Theodore had been half listening and could remember all her words. Only one person could enter at a time, so she explained how to use the Fountain of Wisdom. He inscribed her instructions into his mind.

After finishing the explanation, Ellenoa opened the door. Then the darkness welcomed him.

‘It is another space door.’

The door led to another space, so while the cabin might look shabby, the interior was completely different. Theo took one step before turning back toward Ellenoa and saying, “I’ll be right back. Wait a bit.”