Chapter 98

Great Forest

“Mitra?” Theodore looked dubious, but he accepted the seed for Mitra.

The seed glowed with a blue light. If this truly was a seed from Yggdrasil, the sacred world tree which stood at the center of Elvenheim, the value of it would be priceless. However, Ellenoa said to give this seed to Mitra.

Alas, it was doubtful that an answer would come just by thinking about it. So, rather than worrying alone, Theo decided to ask the person sitting before him, “Sir Edwin, do you know the meaning of this seed?”

“What do you mean?”

“What is the efficacy of the seed… or why did Ellenoa tell me to give it to Mitra?”

Edwin pondered for a moment before nodding and answering the questions, “I can’t fully know her will, but I will tell you what I know.”

His explanation dated back to the time of the birth of Yggdrasil and Elvenheim. It had been around 300 years ago, which wasn’t that long considering the longevity of the elves. Elves had gathered from all over the continent to make a new home in the mountains of the north. Using the power of the elves, they then created a world tree. From then on, Elvenheim, the kingdom of elves, began.

Although incomplete, but Yggdrasil was still a world tree. Just like its name, Yggdrasil defended Elvenheim with its power. Its falling leaves cleaned the ground, while its roots extended to the surface to create a natural ecosystem. This was why the elves were able to secure a safe area in the northern great mountains, where all types of creatures lived.

The elves of Elvenheim were grateful and admired the world tree as the parent tree.

“The parent tree helped the elves thrive. The sap helped with conception due to its vitality, and the branches became the weapons of the warriors, while the petals and fruits had the power to heal the sick and injured.”

“Perhaps…”

“Yes, your thinking is correct.”

Theo had noticed that many potions and specialties could only be made in Elvenheim.

This was because of the world tree, Yggdrasil. Since the potions and specialities were a byproduct of the world tree, they could never be reproduced by human technology. It was the reason why Elvenheim had the absolute advantage in trade.

However, Theo continued waiting despite his surprise. It was because the explanation about the efficacy of the seed still hadn’t appeared. Edwin paused and finally pulled out the next topic. “The world tree produces many fruits in 100 years, but only a few seeds. I am one of those who have received the seed.”

“Sir Edwin?”

“Yes, according to old sayings, the seed of the parent tree is said to germinate the abilities hidden within the being who takes it. I took it and got on the path of a guardian.”

‘Germinating potential!’

It was indeed a byproduct of the world tree. Theodore marveled at those words before looking down at the seed. According the Edwin’s explanation, the seed wouldn’t be a big help to Theo. It was one thing if it gave a talent that didn’t exist, but it wasn’t meaningful since his innate talent was small.

His innate talent was far smaller than Mitra’s. ‘Mother Earth…’

In contrast to the god, Dmitra, who was larger than a mountain, the potential of a human was nothing. No one would’ve imagined it based on the small Mitra jumping on his knees right now.

[Wuong?] Mitra became aware of his gaze and made a questioning sound.

“Now, this is a gift.” Theo handed the seed to her without any hesitation. Mitra stared blankly at the seed for a moment before jumping onto his palm. At first, she wanted to bite on the seed, but then she looked up at Theo.