Chapter 80

Silver Medal Of Merit #2

Theodore, who had lost consciousness for more than a fortnight, seemed to be sleeping comfortably. However, he was actually in danger. Even if it was just a fragment, Alfred had been named a war hero and the power of his soul was beyond the limit which Theodore could accept. If Theo had attempted to get his hands on all that power, his ego would be shattered like broken glass.

Theo knew that intuitively and chose the next best thing. He might have to give up inheriting all of the power, but it would surely separate Alfred’s and Theo’s souls.

Surrounded by darkness in the world of his mind, Theo gradually noticed that he was regaining his senses. It was evidence that his mind and body had recovered enough to wake up from the dormancy.

‘Is it time to wake up? Thank goodness I somehow succeeded.’ Theo looked down at himself with a sigh.

Not long ago, he had stood at the boundary between Alfred and Theodore and hadn’t been able to tell who he was. It was only a few hours ago that Theo had returned. He had barely managed to win by walking the tightrope with a precipice below him.

Although Alfred’s life had been short-lived, Theo was a young man of only 20 years old. However, Theo was pushed to his limits when it came to the depth of his life and his experiences.

Finally, his consciousness stirred as his eyelids pushed up. “Umm…”

‘Stiff.’ After not waking up for more than a fortnight, the way he felt could be summarized with that one word. His muscles were stiff like a tightrope, and his joints creaked continuously.

Despite receiving treatment from the royal family, a fortnight was too long. Even his upper torso and spine were aching slightly. Theo eventually gave up on trying to get up and lay down quietly.

‘Damn, how long have I been lying down? If I am this stiff, I must’ve been lying down for at least a week.’ He wanted to get up quickly, but it was obvious that he would be seriously injured if he moved with his current body.

Theodore diagnosed his condition using Lee Yoonsung’s experience and sighed with relief. He barely noticed it in his mental state, but he might have to rest a few more days. Despite that, he wanted to know where this place was and what had happened to his mentor.

The only consolation he had was what he got from this incident.

‘This…? Is it Alfred’s senses?’ At that time, Theo flinched as he felt a sense of heterogeneity.

Unlike his five senses, this was a sense which wasn’t attached to his body. Indescribable information tickled his head.

This was different from Theo’s sensory perception which seemed like his five senses were just extremely sensitive. Alfred’s talent seemed to be able to see a bit into the future. Born with innate qualities, it was a sixth sense which seemed to bloom on the battlefield. It was one of the reasons why he had become a war hero with only the weapon called Magic Bullet.

However, that didn’t mean Theodore’s sixth sense had reached the same level as Alfred’s.

“…It’s hard. It will take awhile to get used to it.” Theo closed his eyes for a while and concentrated, before shaking his head.

This was a gift given by Alfred Bellontes, and it was like suddenly obtaining fish gills. Usually, ordinary people wouldn’t know who to breathe with gills. Theo had acquired the ability, but he would have to spend a lot of time and experience to fully exploit this talent.

However, it wasn’t impossible, so Theo couldn’t help smiling.

‘Prince Alfred has disappeared, but his traces still remain. I can clearly remember the feelings we shared while fighting together. If I follow that feeling, I will surely reach it again soon.’