Chapter 42

Return Home After Five Years #3

As Theo stepped forward, the driver looked at him with a pale face. Why had such terrible monsters appeared around a village like the Miller Barony? This was the first time he had encountered this in his long career as a carriage driver.

“Oh, Magicians! What is happening all of a sudden?”

“Mister, go inside the carriage. We will take care of this and come back.”

“Please do so! Take care!”

As soon as Theo spoke, the driver entered the carriage. The driver’s movements were swift due to his previous experiences with bandits and monsters. Theo wouldn’t need to worry about the carriage.

Instead, he stared at the crowd of dead bodies coming this way. ‘Goblins, kobolds, and orcs… The bodies of large monsters aren’t visible yet. Is a warlock lurking around?’

By default, necromancy was a magic which required control. Uncontrolled dead bodies would attack living creatures indiscriminately, causing turmoil in the area. Then in order to ruthlessly oppress the whole area, the knights, magic towers, and fixers from the country in question would be dispatched.

So, most warlocks were reluctant to reveal themselves. It was because they weren’t confident with a frontal confrontation and because the forces going against them were so powerful. Theo listened to his sensory perception for a moment, but he couldn’t find the warlock.

“…It can’t be helped.”

If it was like this, the only thing he could do was sweep up the crowd before him.

Hwaruruk!

The magic power from four circles resonated in the air. It started with a small spark, then it changed shape into an arrow. A huge quantity of 100 fire arrows were created. It was the same amount of ice arrows Sylvia had created in the final match.

The weakness of the undead were divine power, light, and fire. The sudden appearance of fire caused the approaching corpses to pause. A body which had been dried up of its moisture would become good firewood.

Theo felt sorry for them, but he wasn’t going to leave a single undead around his home.

“Go.” As soon as he gave the command, the fire arrows fell from the sky.

Pyu, pyu, pyu, pyuuong…

It was a frightening sight and a real crisis to the undead. The dead bodies couldn’t defend or avoid the attack, so the fire arrows struck them. The rotten skins of the undead were pierced, and the flames entered their bodies, causing a secondary explosion.

Peng! Pepeng! Peng! Pepepeng!

Their necks broke and their heads fell off. There were also torn arms and legs scattered all over the place. The goblin zombies fell to the ground, while the orc zombies stopped moving. Some zombies crawled like maggots after losing their limbs, while others turned into lumps of flesh.

It was a hellish sight, but Theo didn’t show any signs of agitation.

‘Their physical capabilities are low, and they don’t use weapons. If it is like this, we can deal with 1,000 more.’

There were three factors which determined the completeness of the undead: their ability to reproduce the necromancy ability; the utilization of the techniques their bodies contained; and the intelligence they’d possessed during their lives. If all three of them were present, they would be advanced undead. With two factors, they would be intermediate, while if only one was present, they would be of the inferior rank.