Chapter 186

Quickening Of The Northern Continent #4

Veronica and Sylvia…

Theodore’s mind went blank at the unexpected appearance of the two women. He didn’t know why they were here chatting with his family.

No, he could understand if it was Sylvia, who had met his family before. The Miller family had no connections with a place like the royal palace, so they would feel comfortable in their own way with people they knew.

‘Then why is Tower Master…?’

However, Veronica was different. She was the leader of the Red Tower, responsible for the kingdom’s fighting power. Although the nobles were weak, they were above everyone except for the tower masters. Yet even the dukes didn’t dare raise their voices in front of Veronica.

Despite this, she was chatting calmly with the Miller family, who had been lived in the countryside until not long ago.

However, Theodore’s thoughts on this matter didn’t last much longer.

“Let me hug you once, my son!” His mother saw him and hurried to embrace him. Fortunately, she was doing better than before, so the strength of her arms and body had increased. Still, why did she seem tiny compared to three years ago?

Theodore held his mother quietly and smiled inwardly as he realized why.

‘No, it is me who has changed a lot since the old days.’

It had already been three years since he’d met his parents at the Miller Barony. Since then, Theodore had gone through many things. That included acquiring ‘Battle Song,’ which made him taller and increased his physical abilities.

In these few years, he had grown big enough to look down at the top of his mother’s head. There had once been a time when Theodore couldn’t even make eye contact with her. However, he was no longer that boy who was always alone.

Theodore’s father, now Earl Miller, watched the emotional reunion and said, “It really has been a while, Theo.”

“I’m sorry I haven’t visited more often.”

“Uh, don’t apologize. In this world, what parent would hold onto the ankles of their child? It is also thanks to you that we can enjoy all the luxuries of the royal palace.”

“Pfft.” Theodore couldn’t help laughing at Dennis’ words. It was funny that his father, who always wore shabby clothes, now had a gorgeous robe covering his pudgy belly. His mother scolded his father sharply, but Dennis was still happy.

Subsequently, the atmosphere of the room became lighter. Theodore forgot his usual solemn expression, while Sylvia and Veronica couldn’t help smiling softly at the family’s affectionate feelings.

It was a side of Theodore which other people didn’t know well. The satisfaction of seeing this scene decreased the two women’s hostility toward each other.

“Ah, and Theo. There is one person who really wanted to see you again.”

“Huh?”

After his mother finished scolding Dennis, she turned back to speak to Theodore. It had been three years since she could meet her son. She was proud that Theodore played a big role in the kingdom, but as his parents, she and Dennis couldn’t help feeling a bit lonely. So, they came to Mana-vil and prepared a proper family reunion.

The person who wanted to see Theodore again was his younger brother, who had turned six this year.

“B-Brother,” a nervous voice rang out from behind the sofa where Veronica and Sylvia were sitting.